A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

ESP EPC & Engine Light ON

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the car to the audi center here in Norwich. they said the timing chain tensioner has to be replaced, may be both right and left one and it's going to cost me £2558 total. They suspected that the cylinder head may have been damaged as well and replacing that as well will cost be in total of about £5500 in total.

I have no knowledge of mechanics and I would like to learn the car mechanics and fix the car DIY in my garage. I am in Norwich, UK. Is there anyone who can help me ?
Old 02-27-2017, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by boonies
I wanted to share another update. I have now had the car on the road continuously since these repairs were made and no more problems. Not sure if this fix will work for all, but it fixed my problems.
Just to let you know I had this same wiring changed back in Sep 2016 which connect to the throttle body and the car ran fine for some time until Feb 2017 which started with the same issues and same code P0201. I now have had the gas pedal and wiring changed. The car is currently at the dealership now and they are saying the full engine wiring hardness needs to change at which I laughed and said sure I will do it for the $4k but if I ever get this problem again Audi pays for every thereafter repair at which they laughed...

I am shocked Audi cant solve this problem which seems to be happening to many.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar problem. I had already answered it here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-.../#post25050554

Hope this solves the issue for anyone reading this.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

it really help me,
I was replaced some seal of my engine A6 C6 BDW and after all done,the engine cat’t start up, keep hear the starter trying, then i follow the step below the engine come back again, thanks
BTW ,there was ABS alert come up after battery disconnect, just driver it little time ,the alert will auto gone.

Originally Posted by jeffry
I have the same issue after I got an alignment to the car, my technician he work with Ferrari and Audi at the dealer told me to remove the battery negative or positive and wait for about 5min then reinstall switch on but no start it up for two min you will hear the throttle getting align and the car setting up everything to stock values and the light got away. But if you have your car align you have to align the sensor that is locate in the steering wheel with a vag com...I hope it help.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Hi guys new to the site

Hi guys I’ve had my S6 for 4 months now and this epc problem has shown up it was coming and going a few months ago but now it isn’t going anywhere by the looks of it. I work in a garage but have very little time in and out of work to resolve this problem. I’m going to have the wiring and electrical plugs/connectors changed on the throttle bodies hopefully sometime this week.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Please do, I am having the same issues you are having.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by michaeljk120
Please do, I am having the same issues you are having.
Hi it took me some time to locate the fault. But it was the injector wiring harness the plug had some corrosion. I ordered a harness but ended up cleaning the original harness plug out. It ran brilliant for 5 weeks before I sold it. Hope this helps if you haven't sorted it already.
​​​​​​