A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Finally had enough

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally had enough

Well as many of you know this car of mine has been just so tempermental, and I've just had enough of it. Was leaving work a couple days last week and I tried to turn off the climate control as the temp was a nice 55 degrees. Well I push the button, the screens all turn to OFF and then 5-10 seconds later the damn thing turns on again by itself. And this isn't the first time it's done this. And it did it a few days last week. I am so fed up with this car I just took my stuff out of it and gave it to my girl to drive, and I took the 03 Jetta Wagon 1.8T. Can't wait for this house deal to get done so I can trade it in. I'm soooo done with this thing.

I'll still be around, but I just won't be driving my A6.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can has wheels? and springs? and rotors?
Old 02-01-2010, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Audi ownership is either exhilarating or frustrating
Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
RDD
AudiWorld Senior Member

Damn, sorry to hear about that. I wouldn't hesitate to trade mine in either if I kept having problems with it (it's just a car afterall). What's next in line?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lIRATIl
I can has wheels? and springs? and rotors?
LOL! well since I sold the stock sport springs that would be a no...same with the rotors, threw the stock ones out so they need to stay. But I may be willing to sell the wheels tho.

Originally Posted by RDD
Damn, sorry to hear about that. I wouldn't hesitate to trade mine in either if I kept having problems with it (it's just a car afterall). What's next in line?
Well keeping the Audi for now. In the middle of selling my house, and picking up another one so I can't go out and get another loan till the new place closes. So that keeps me in it till early spring. So I'll be driving my Mk4 Jetta SportWagen 1.8T and when the time comes the Audi will be traded for a Mk5 Jetta sedan. So staying in the VAG family, just this car is driving me insane.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I am sure your GF is happy
Old 02-02-2010, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry you couldn't work out the issues, some cars are just that way..imo, audi build quality generally is close to the top. Nothing wrong with awd jettas and subarus, they'll pretty much do anything the bigger A6 will do and much less complicated but you can still have issues so shop carefully...that's the secret to buying *any car especially complicated A6's,5 Series,E's etc etc. Sell the house and get squared up...you should be able to get a good price for the A6..it's still georgious and who in LV wouldn't love to drive it to LA.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
I am sure your GF is happy
Oh yeah. She couldn't believe it when I told her. But she will be much happier when I give her the 1ct diamond ring in a couple weeks.

Originally Posted by mystrodo
Sorry you couldn't work out the issues, some cars are just that way..imo, audi build quality generally is close to the top. Nothing wrong with awd jettas and subarus, they'll pretty much do anything the bigger A6 will do and much less complicated but you can still have issues so shop carefully...that's the secret to buying *any car especially complicated A6's,5 Series,E's etc etc. Sell the house and get squared up...you should be able to get a good price for the A6..it's still georgious and who in LV wouldn't love to drive it to LA.
Well I've done a bunch of reaserch for the next car. I actually like doing my own work on my cars, but this A6 is just so damn complicated I always worry that I'm not doing some special step and am on the verge of destroying some thousand dollar part (ie rear brakes). The 2.5 motors have been instrumental in changing the reliability perception for VAG. I guess I could throw the car on e-bay instead of trading it in and get a little more for it. Oh well there's some time before that has to be decided.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:58 AM
RDD
AudiWorld Senior Member

Takin' the plunge? My condolences. =)
Old 02-02-2010, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RDD
Takin' the plunge? My condolences. =)
Yeah I don't know what's wrong with me. But I got the practice one out of the way so this one should be better. I hope. LOL

Quick Reply: Finally had enough