A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

finally took some pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by A6Gary
Yes it is. Is that a McLaren?
Yep, a McLaren MP4-12C
Old 09-28-2017, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So over the next week will be doing some pretty extensive maintenance on the vehicle that is much needed:
  • new radiator
  • serpentine belt
  • water pump
  • thermostat
One of the DS2 bulbs I ordered from Morimoto have burned out, so will need to be replaced. Replaced fluids; coolant and power steering

I'll be taking plenty of pics and will post out for the forum the process and what's being done.
FWIW, I recently came across a small coolant leak, first replaced the expansion tank, then the upper radiator hose, but those only slightly improved things. Confirmed today that the leak is coming from the actual radiator, so might as well do the everything while there
Old 09-28-2017, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Keep up the good work Raj.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Keep up the good work Raj.
Appreciate it Kevin. But I'm close to thinking of moving to something else. Not sure exactly what, but I know it might sounds blasphemous, but I saw an E350 wagon recently and really liked it. The shape of it standout, it has AWD, but I wasn't overly enthused by the lack of power.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by raj99
Appreciate it Kevin. But I'm close to thinking of moving to something else. Not sure exactly what, but I know it might sounds blasphemous, but I saw an E350 wagon recently and really liked it. The shape of it standout, it has AWD, but I wasn't overly enthused by the lack of power.
oh the inhumanity! LOL. The wagon is a nice looking car and super convenient. How many miles do you have the 4.2? I still miss that exhaust note.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KevinGary
oh the inhumanity! LOL. The wagon is a nice looking car and super convenient. How many miles do you have the 4.2? I still miss that exhaust note.
I'm well above 100k now and feel like this is the point that I sink significant $$ to keep it running well... Or I cut bait and move on.

I'm going to do the maintenance for now, but really need to look at other options since I don't want "death by a thousand cuts" . I might just get a Q5 (3.0t) but that e350 wagon looks so good . I just dig the long roof line and the angular looks.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Mine became a problem at the 130k Mile mark, so I understand the concern. I have been very happy with the C7 for the first 63k miles so far.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Blasphemy! Raj, my cousin has a Mercedes, I have tried helping, with the a/c blower issues and central door lock issues. They are a different beast, problems that are difficult to grasp and maybe stupid, to an Audict brain. At least there is a method to Audi madness. Dont give up on Audi just yet, I'm past 146k and still going. Dont forget there's nothing like quattro. Kevin, of course a C7 is better, but a C6 its not just about the naturally aspirated V8, I'm biased I know, but I think it's pretty. Two people complimented me on it last week. Sometimes I walk out, see her fat a$$ in the parking lot and it makes me smile. She's old but still a head turner.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by roylok
Blasphemy! Raj, my cousin has a Mercedes, I have tried helping, with the a/c blower issues and central door lock issues. They are a different beast, problems that are difficult to grasp and maybe stupid, to an Audict brain. At least there is a method to Audi madness. Dont give up on Audi just yet, I'm past 146k and still going. Dont forget there's nothing like quattro. Kevin, of course a C7 is better, but a C6 its not just about the naturally aspirated V8, I'm biased I know, but I think it's pretty. Two people complimented me on it last week. Sometimes I walk out, see her fat a$$ in the parking lot and it makes me smile. She's old but still a head turner.
Hey Kevin/Roy,

It just might be that ol' 7 year itch...since life is all about change. The C6 4.2 looks great and especially with all the work I've put into her...suspension, exhaust, wheels, etc...
Well the car is still torn apart. Discovered I need a couple of more parts so waiting to pick up from Audi today: idler, idler pulley, lower radiator hose, new gaskets and additional O-rings. The car will be in GREAT shape after this...but my wallet is over $2K lighter...just in parts

Here's the front in all it's glory...

Last edited by raj99; 10-02-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well the car is back together and no more coolant leak...my wallet is a lot lighter but went with 100% OEM parts from the dealer and the engine got a good cleaning in the process.

So list of all new parts:
  • expansion tank
  • upper radiator hose
  • lower radiator hose
  • water pump
  • thermostat
  • radiator
  • serpentine belt
  • idler pulley
  • pulley
  • gaskets, O-rings, and new coolant

Quick Reply: finally took some pics