A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

finally took some pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Those look really good. I was thinking of getting that exact wheel, but found a good deal on a used set (different style). We would have nearly been twins.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

wheel twins

the color's the same, but you've got the a different grille...but close enough...

Last edited by raj99; 02-06-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:02 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So a little while back I installed a Fumoto valve instead of the stock bolt and couldn't be happier. Oil changes have gone from 40 mins to less than 10.

no more removing the bellypan and dealing with the mess of unscrewing the oil nut, etc...

To gain access to the valve, I fabbed the following access in the bellypan and having gone through a complete fall and winter, I've had zero issues with it.

I met with the actual inventor of the Valve and he's a young Japanese auto-enthusiast who had a real passion to bring better engineering to oil changes...and I can confirm that he has certainly made them FAR easier, at least for me
Name:  Audibelly1_zps8b34978a.jpg
Views: 1684
Size:  113.4 KB>

Name:  audibelly2_zpsa05fdf4c.jpg
Views: 1667
Size:  105.9 KB

Last edited by raj99; 03-13-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So guys, I think I have an addiction....<b>WHEELS</b>

I collect them like women collect shoes!

Over the last 4 months, I've bought and SOLD all of the following:

I bought these off of ebay and had them in the garage for about a week and realized I really didn't like how these would look on my C6, so sold them on.

These I had for a month, I know a lot of folks liked them and I did, to a degree, but thought they looked a bit 'dark'...again I sold the tires and wheels

Then I got the 19" peelers...they looked fine...but honestly, I dreaded the idea of washing between all the spokes and found a fellow Audi enthusiast who took them off my hands

Well I'm back to my stock 17" winter setup...for now. I'll be taking them off next weekend and putting on my summer setup...thank god for the better weather.

However, I have an opportunity to pick up a set of a <b>stock 18" OEM RS4 wheels, for $600</b>...what do you all think? Should I do it?

there's slight road rash (4") on one wheel, but the other 3 are in great shape.

Fortunately for me, all the buying and selling of wheels has not been a huge fiscal cost to me, since I've actually broken even between buying & mounting, then selling them on...

Last edited by raj99; 03-20-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by raj99
So guys, I think I have an addiction....<b>WHEELS</b>

I collect them like women collect shoes!

Over the last 4 months, I've bought and SOLD all of the following:

I bought these off of ebay and had them in the garage for about a week and realized I really didn't like how these would look on my C6, so sold them on.

These I had for a month, I know a lot of folks liked them and I did, to a degree, but thought they looked a bit 'dark'...again I sold the tires and wheels

Then I got the 19" peelers...they looked fine...but honestly, I dreaded the idea of washing between all the spokes and found a fellow Audi enthusiast who took them off my hands

Well I'm back to my stock 17" winter setup...for now. I'll be taking them off next weekend and putting on my summer setup...thank god for the better weather.

However, I have an opportunity to pick up a set of a <b>stock 18" OEM RS4 wheels, for $600</b>...what do you all think? Should I do it?

there's slight road rash (4") on one wheel, but the other 3 are in great shape.

Fortunately for me, all the buying and selling of wheels has not been a huge fiscal cost to me, since I've actually broken even between buying & mounting, then selling them on...
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/mrr-hr4
raj you ever check these wheels out? MRR HR4s. My buy come summertime in michigan (if that ever comes). I believe they look the best on your color.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AFrancis
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/mrr-hr4
raj you ever check these wheels out? MRR HR4s. My buy come summertime in michigan (if that ever comes). I believe they look the best on your color.
I have looked at concave wheels...there are certainly some good ones.

Well I did pickup a set of near new 255/35/19 Continental DWS tires (less than 500 miles) and I guess I'll be on the lookout for a nice set of 19" wheels to mount them on.

Name:  Tires.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  115.6 KB

As for weather...I guess we are blessed without snow, but we've got ALL that rain covered I can't wait to put on my summer setup (next weekend).

In the next month I plan on getting the front and rear bumpers re-sprayed, since there's some annoying roadrash upfront, and there's a slight bumper scrape in the rear...insurance should cover the rear.

It's actually 60F outside, but I don't have enough time to dismount & mount, since I'm packing for a 5 day camping trip leading a group of 11 year olds...hopefully teaching them a thing or two about trekking, ecology, fauna/flora, and some good ol campfire songs

Last edited by raj99; 03-23-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

On my way back from work today I decided to finally take the plunge and update my MMI, to 4610. I was running 41XX, so wasn't very far off from the latest firmware version.

All I did was install CD #2 and from start to finish it took about 15 mins for the entire update to take. No issues, no drama.

The instruction Kevin hosts here were SUPER helpful:

MMI High System software update

Now I'm going to try to get the A2DP working through my Dension 500, so I can stream wireless audio through my speakers.

Also, anyone have advice on a GOOD tow hook license plate holder. I was at the local dealer on the weekend and found out that the local PD will start ticketing folks who don't have a front license place, and considering there is no place on my grille to mount, I'll need an alternate, more aesthetically pleasing option.

Last edited by raj99; 04-24-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looks great Raj!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
On my way back from work today I decided to finally take the plunge and update my MMI, to 4610. I was running 41XX, so wasn't very far off from the latest firmware version.

All I did was install CD #2 and from start to finish it took about 15 mins for the entire update to take. No issues, no drama.

The instruction Kevin hosts here were SUPER helpful:
<a href="http://uberlame.com/a6_tsb/MMI/MMI High System software update Zug 864 - update procedure.pdf">MMI High System software update </a>

Now I'm going to try to get the A2DP working through my Dension 500, so I can stream wireless audio through my speakers.

Also, anyone have advice on a GOOD tow hook license plate holder. I was at the local dealer on the weekend and found out that the local PD will start ticketing folks who don't have a front license place, and considering there is no place on my grille to mount, I'll need an alternate, more aesthetically pleasing option.
Call the dealer and order a front license plate mounting kit.

Quick Reply: finally took some pics