A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

found LED DRL set for internal mounting into Audi headlights, any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found LED DRL set for internal mounting into Audi headlights, any opinions?

As I am interested in upgrading my headlights to LED version, I thought about purchasing the ready headlights for my car.
By chance, I found an auction item on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT

and here there is a special LED set, that can be installed inside the headlights, and this is not cheap - 340$, but not so expensive as the ready headlights.

What do you think about that? it could be possible? any opinions?

I see also that the seller have original LED boards as the repair kits for headlights, which have problem with LED functionality ...
Old 01-11-2011, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Igor_MTM
As I am interested in upgrading my headlights to LED version, I thought about purchasing the ready headlights for my car.
By chance, I found an auction item on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT

and here there is a special LED set, that can be installed inside the headlights, and this is not cheap - 340$, but not so expensive as the ready headlights.

What do you think about that? it could be possible? any opinions?

I see also that the seller have original LED boards as the repair kits for headlights, which have problem with LED functionality ...
It looks good. Hella products and In.Pro are made very well. It says you take headlight apart. Than mean you need to pull the headlight out, bake in the oven... I am not doing all that.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful on buying these on eBay or anywhere else. Audi has been experiencing high failures with their all inclusive headlights with LED's in them. When a LED bulb goes out (prematurely) they have to chunk the whole unit and and install a new headlight assembly with the built in LED.

I am saying this as you do not know where the seller acquired just the LED portions. Audi only sells them built in with the headlight unit as a whole. These could be "discards" and fixed. It could cost more in the end if you have problems with these (either prior or post installation).

Just saying...
Old 01-11-2011, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default id just buy the headlight...

group buy going on right now
Old 01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I might be down for the group buy on this one. Can anyone confirm that you'd have to bake the headlights? The instructions from the product site does not mention this.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had little success trying to bake the headlights to open them up. If you read some of my other posts, I described buying a set of 2009 headlights, only to find the LED array was dead. I could not open the headlight, either by baking in an oven or using a heat gun -- I wound up using a dremel to cut one open in an attempt to figure out what was going on. Unless someone else can claim they've been able to open an A6 headlight assembly via non-destructive means, I would avoid...
Old 01-12-2011, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wheres think to the group buy?
Old 01-12-2011, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i mean link to the group buy
Old 01-12-2011, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default here you go...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2794064
Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jetshine
I had little success trying to bake the headlights to open them up. If you read some of my other posts, I described buying a set of 2009 headlights, only to find the LED array was dead. I could not open the headlight, either by baking in an oven or using a heat gun -- I wound up using a dremel to cut one open in an attempt to figure out what was going on. Unless someone else can claim they've been able to open an A6 headlight assembly via non-destructive means, I would avoid...
may be, anybody have opened them before?
I've found some links in internet where some users opened the similar headlights ( Audi A4 Valeo ...), that they also use such glue.
some say that it is possible to open with thin strong string, that will cut such glue.

Quick Reply: found LED DRL set for internal mounting into Audi headlights, any opinions?