A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Full Service and Maintenance History

Old 06-07-2014, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Interesting about the A8 Kevin, thanks for the feedback.

My youngest is just out of college, no grey here yet and certainly don't drive like a old man as I rip around everyone! But, my next vehicle will have cooled seats! The upgraded leather on my sport seats is fantastic, but they get warm sitting in the sun at work and I hate that. I drove an Infiniti M35X once at the dealer on a hot day and fell in love with those air conditioned seats! The problem is that Infiniti is nowhere close to a good hi-performance Audi. I have to have an Audi with those cooled seats, and it seems the A8 is the only place to get them in the Audi lineup.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by KnappAttack
Interesting about the A8 Kevin, thanks for the feedback.

My youngest is just out of college, no grey here yet and certainly don't drive like a old man as I rip around everyone! But, my next vehicle will have cooled seats! The upgraded leather on my sport seats is fantastic, but they get warm sitting in the sun at work and I hate that. I drove an Infiniti M35X once at the dealer on a hot day and fell in love with those air conditioned seats! The problem is that Infiniti is nowhere close to a good hi-performance Audi. I have to have an Audi with those cooled seats, and it seems the A8 is the only place to get them in the Audi lineup.
The air conditioned seats are available in the A6 Prestige trim! Plus if you do a factory order car Audi will do secret options including massaging seats in the A6. Did I tell you that I did a factory order car? The massaging and air conditioned seats are going to be pretty nice.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
The air conditioned seats are available in the A6 Prestige trim! Plus if you do a factory order car Audi will do secret options including massaging seats in the A6. Did I tell you that I did a factory order car? The massaging and air conditioned seats are going to be pretty nice.
WOW! I did not know that Kevin. I thought they were only available in the A8. That will probably be my next one then! Wait, I don't think you can get a 4.2 anymore. What the?

I don't want a 3 liter supercharged engine! No more turbo or supercharged engines for me unless there on a diesel engine, or for racing the quarter mile.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by KnappAttack
WOW! I did not know that Kevin. I thought they were only available in the A8. That will probably be my next one then! Wait, I don't think you can get a 4.2 anymore. What the?

I don't want a 3 liter supercharged engine! No more turbo or supercharged engines for me unless there on a diesel engine, or for racing the quarter mile.
I am going to miss my beloved 4.2. I decided to go with the TDI (the turbo diesel). I had a TDI as a loaner for about 7 weeks and it is a good engine with lots of torque. Of course all the power is down low in the rpm range, the complete opposite of the 4.2. But with the 8 speed transmission you can keep the engine in the sweet spot and have a lot of fun.