A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Groaning/Humming Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totally got your username wrong

My bad AsianiceStyle!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for sharing A6Nello!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this issue. Also glad to hear your dealership you took it to gave up on trying to find the noise, instead of just throwing parts at it like mine did.

I agree, this is definitely a poor design by Audi. Come to think of it, I always remembered the exhaust tips shaking on cold starts, but never thought much of it.

Wow you really made use of your warranty, I'm sure you're glad you got it. This is first time I've actually had to have anything fixed or replaced on the car. I'm also on the same page as getting rid of this car next year. Planning on buying a house, so I don't want to have to worry about paying for any issues that may arise once my warranty expires as well.

Heh, I actually sent a complaint to AOA as well regarding the fact that my dealer misdiagnosed my issue. They offered to help with getting the repair cost lowered down, but I'm not replacing cats that are still good. What did you say to the rep after they told you they hope you continue to do business with them?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AsianiceStyle
Thanks for sharing A6Nello!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this issue. Also glad to hear your dealership you took it to gave up on trying to find the noise, instead of just throwing parts at it like mine did.

I agree, this is definitely a poor design by Audi. Come to think of it, I always remembered the exhaust tips shaking on cold starts, but never thought much of it.

Wow you really made use of your warranty, I'm sure you're glad you got it. This is first time I've actually had to have anything fixed or replaced on the car. I'm also on the same page as getting rid of this car next year. Planning on buying a house, so I don't want to have to worry about paying for any issues that may arise once my warranty expires as well.

Heh, I actually sent a complaint to AOA as well regarding the fact that my dealer misdiagnosed my issue. They offered to help with getting the repair cost lowered down, but I'm not replacing cats that are still good. What did you say to the rep after they told you they hope you continue to do business with them?
Well I was appalled because the dealer had never charged me for any previous diagnosis' and now all of a sudden they wanted me to agree to pay a $150 diagnostic fee just to drive the car into the shop. For a rocking drivers seat and the down-pipes they had already seen? So I said--I had never in my life been charged a cover charge at the door by Lexus or Acura (especially for a safety concern). I will never consider another Audi vehicle and I'm fairly young so I have a lot of cars yet to own... thanks anyway.

My check engine light, just came on again. Go figure right? So about my pipes, I may just cut the section of bad flexpipe out on the downpipes, which I have heard people do, because my cats are still good also. But I really just dont want put more money into it. its worth about 10k on trade in, so I'm just going to get my note down to 10 and make a move on something else.