A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Heated steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heated steering wheel

I have a question. I have a '08 S6 and on the steering column there is a button for the heated steering wheel but the wheel does not get warm. How can I tell if my vehicle is equipped with heated steering wheel and should function? Just because a button is there doesn't mean I should have this option I do not think but I could be wrong.

Thnx
Old 12-26-2012, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

heated seat control, turns on the heated steering wheel

the button on the column controls the auto ingress/egress out of the way feature, forgot the real term
Old 12-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lazydog
I have a question. I have a '08 S6 and on the steering column there is a button for the heated steering wheel but the wheel does not get warm. How can I tell if my vehicle is equipped with heated steering wheel and should function? Just because a button is there doesn't mean I should have this option I do not think but I could be wrong.

Thnx
Shoot me your VIN and I will tell you if you have it and any other options you are curious about.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

I know the button you are talking about which moves the wheel up/down/in/out, but I also have a second smaller push button on the column. From what I gather this is the button that controls the steering wheel heat on or off. My issue is the button doesn't seem to do anything.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 99 A8 & it has the same button you're referring to & i haven't the slightest idea what it does either! AS far as i know the heated seats have nothing to do with the steering wheel. I've driven many audi's & they all have that button but it seems to do nothing in any of them!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

In 2005 the heated steering wheel was controlled by the **** for the drivers heated seat. In 2006 the switch for the heated steering wheel was moved to the lower left arm on the steering wheel, not the steering column which is the automatic telescoping/tilt switch. The heated steering wheel only operates below 50 degrees farenheit. I believe that only cars with the heated steering wheel came with a steering wheel that had the switch on the arm. If you have tested the wheel below 50 degrees and it has not worked I would check the fuses.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Don't H8
I have a 99 A8 & it has the same button you're referring to & i haven't the slightest idea what it does either! AS far as i know the heated seats have nothing to do with the steering wheel. I've driven many audi's & they all have that button but it seems to do nothing in any of them!!!
i dont think its the same button we are talking about...i think that that button is to turn on/off the auto telescoping wheel (or whatever its called)... to make it move up and out of your way when u are leaving

lazydog i replied @ AZ
Old 12-27-2012, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a 3 spoke steering wheel it is not heated. Heat was only available on the 4 spoke.
The other small button on the column is to have the steering wheel move up automatically when you stop the car for ease of entry/exit...nice feature.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 160 Likes on 115 Posts

I have a 2008 and the button is on the steering wheel, not the column. If you have a 4 spoke wheel the heat button is on the left side of the lower left spoke. When you push the button the driver information display between the speedometer and the tach will display the either a message telling you that the heat is on or one telling you that the heat is off. The steering wheel does not get hot, it gets comfortably warm.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

And ,ooohhh does the wife like that feature!!

Quick Reply: Heated steering wheel