A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Help repairing mmi

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you look on Ebay by searching for MOST Optical Splitter you will see something that looks like this:

Unfortunately, sellers are in CHINA.

Looks to be 2 male and 1 Female connector so should be fairly easy to make one up assuming you can locate the pieces locally.

I think kufatec.de may also have a kit that will split the power as well as the fiber connections for the cd changer in the glove box.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What if I scan the adapter ends then 3d print some then use standard 10gb ethernet fiber to make an adapter. I think its glass fiber while the most bus is PVC but I think it could work. I'm already waiting on that 10 inch android display from China rather not wait for more stuff lol

thanks!
Old 08-18-2018, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen some people do some bootleg stuff like putting the fiber end to end in shrink wrap.

Why the need to have cd and ami active?

Is the Bose amp giving you the problem with CP?

Old 08-19-2018, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeffpuxx
I have seen some people do some bootleg stuff like putting the fiber end to end in shrink wrap.

Why the need to have cd and ami active?

Is the Bose amp giving you the problem with CP?
only want CD and ami active because I have both. No need for either really.

yes the amp is giving me problems with cp. Does the clicking speakers and no volume control. Any idea if I can fix it? When i get the interior finished i plan to take it to a local shop who has the tools to fix the cp... but if there is ANY way for me to do it I prefer that. I do not have the audi online or odis. I have a Jbox somewhere but cannot find it. So I dont know if the eeprom on the new amp might be the same as the old. The best thing would be if I could find a virgin dump from the same amp and flash that then i can adapt it but no luck finding it online.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

So my gps gets no satellites. I tried using the sat radio antenna one of them... do you think this is the problem or component protection
Old 08-19-2018, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Very strange that even after I had it all working today after leaving a gas station I'm back to a black screen. Only difference is that when I reset it or press power it displays the audi mmi logo for a few seconds
Old 08-20-2018, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well it appears it might be the media player/CD changer as I see now it has no power. Of course it happens right after i reassemble the interior
Old 08-21-2018, 01:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default new autoscan

So if you compare the autoscan at the start of this thread versus where I'm at now... i gotta say i'm pretty proud of myself. I will have this car fault free within the week. I replaced the abs module and pump today, that fixed the abs warning. Sadly however, the ESP module and hand brake control module are still bad... but with the amount of short to grounds that I have going on, it could be a wiring issue. The range adjustment for the headlights isn't working on that side of the car because something corroded away the wire insulation. I am thinking something similar could have happened to the ESP harness, I think the ESP module is somewhere near the ABS module but I've not found it yet ... I also have no clue where the hand brake module is. Knowing these would be vastly helpful.

Regardless the progress i think i've made to this car is very encouraging!

Attached Files
File Type: txt
new autoscan.txt (25.2 KB, 50 views)
Old 08-21-2018, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Getting there, I did not see if you have replaced your BT module. I could go back and look but too lazy if not, I have one I do not need.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got the bluetooth replaced... I still need a battery regulator and an esp module. I also need to replace abs hydraulic bump the module partially fixed the abs problem but I think theres a bad solenoid on the pump.