AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/)
-   -   Is this legit? ...and will it fit? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/legit-will-fit-2842112/)

slipnslideking 02-06-2013 11:20 AM

Is this legit? ...and will it fit?

Hey guys, new audi owner and looking to upgrade the grill on my 2011 S6. I want the all black rs6 grill and I've found a couple of different options but all of the specs say that they will fit a 2008-2010 RS6/S6. I've yet to find one that says it will fit a 2011 S6. From what I can tell there isn't a difference between the 2010 and 2011 models. So... 2 questions...

1) will the 2010 RS6 grill fit on my 2011?

2) I found this grill and it looks great but it's priced substantially lower any grill I've found ($119 Vs. $500-$700). http://www.dubstopimports.com/Produc...=617215171465# Has anyone else purchased this grill? If so, thoughts? High quality?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

gophers6 02-06-2013 11:38 AM

Also interested in that grill. looks legit but wondering if any member has purchased from that site? You should go for it and post pics so I can order one too :D

jujuC6 02-06-2013 03:04 PM

I would imagine that those are aftermarket given the price. I would give it a chance, they have good quality stuff I have been to their store in Waltham. I got a set of high quality spacers for my AllRoad for a decent price this past spring.

MainlandMig 02-06-2013 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by slipnslideking (Post 24404952)
...all of the specs say that they will fit a 2008-2010 RS6/S6. I've yet to find one that says it will fit a 2011 S6. From what I can tell there isn't a difference between the 2010 and 2011 models.

looks like they are using euro years.. the c6 came out in Europe in 2004 but in US 2005 ...also ... 2011 US a6 is c6 2011 Euro a6 is c7

should fit fine

as far as quality and rep... being from RI... ive heard of them a few times but ive never had opportunity to use them.. im getting the impression that they are selective on what they carry.. they could easily carry cheap china stuff in their inventory but looks like they hold out for better stuff... for roughly $100 i may just try out the matte black

slipnslideking 02-07-2013 08:33 AM

Thanks everyone for replies. I appreciate it. I ended up getting a very detailed reply from dubstop regarding the quality. See below. Hope this helps. I'm going to order and I'll keep you posted.

"There are only two manufacturers (Factories) of good quality grilles. One is in Taiwan and another in China. The Taiwan factory sells them to JOM, Eurosportgarage, and a myriad other German and USA based resellers (including myself) and the Chinese company supplies only small importers. The China made grilles look good as well – they are finished in Piano Black (shiny) but overall construction is slightly more flimsy. They are however made of 2 separate pieces. The Taiwan grille is made of one piece and is sturdy and solid. Other that these two there is also the FK version grille which is pure garbage quality-wise.
Two grilles mentioned above are sold by many many sellers and priced very differently. Some sellers will have more than one Business name and sell the same product for Cheap under one name and for a LOT OF $$ under another name. This is a strategy that will cover buyers that think “the more expensive – the better chance it is great quality” and the “gotta get the best deal” buyers alike. Chances are – if you inspect the picruees and they look like the same item is being offered – you are getting the same item. It costs about $40,000.00 to develop a mould and open tooling for priduction of a grille this size. If I can buy an existing one that is decent quality, I will never invest $40k into the same product from another manufacturer. It will take me many many sales to recover the initial setup charges." ~ Dubstop Imports

gophers6 02-08-2013 04:53 AM

Glad to hear you're ordering one. Let us know how long it takes to ship and post a few pics when you receive it if you don't mind. If you're satisfied I'll be ordering one soon after :D

raj99 02-08-2013 02:19 PM

Definitely let us all know the quality and workmanship of the part. If everything is good. I'll probably be ordering one as well. Thnx

Richie.se 02-09-2013 02:24 PM

Hey guys, Swedish member here.
New to AW, not new to Audi though, and been a member at AZ since 2005 in the days when i built my old S4 BiT -00, black on black before everyone else started doing it ;)
http://hem.bredband.net/b546499/s4.JPG

Since then I've owned a A4, a -01 B5, an A2, then when we had a baby I got a Volvo V70 -07 wagon, but never liked it much so now I bought a -11 A6 (C6)! Finally back behind the wheel of a black Audi for my forth time :)
I got for a bargain since someone pulled their hitch through the grill! Been buying lots of stuff for the bike I'm building so I gave it some time and found this dubstep grill last week, been promised delivery this week and just found this thread, so I thought I might share some pictures when it arrives!
Then I'm scrubbing it down and leaving it to my painter to get it the same black paint as the car :)

paullee 02-11-2013 02:07 PM

Subscribed...

Even though the S6 is the spouse, I may jump on this mod.

Richie.se 02-14-2013 10:50 AM

5 Attachment(s)
OK, here we go!

Just picked up my delivery from dubstop imports (bought it from their account on ebay).
Got it for US $168, and it was delivered in exactly one week! Fast in my opinion from US to Sweden since we have a est. delivery time from US to my job at 2-3 weeks!

Anyway, some pictures:
1: Good packaging, lots of bubble plastic (tried putting it back again but it was to much to get it back in :))
2: Content
3: Close up on the rings and its bracket
4: Picked them apart for the paint, was a b*tch to get them apart as the abs plastic was stiff, one flange out of ten on the rings was actually loose and close to broken, will note it to dubstop and see what they say.
5: Close-up on the grill, good molding and I only found two places like this where the surface wasn't 100%. Not that it matters to me as I will spend this weekend rubbing it and preparing it or paint :)

Hope this post helps anyone interested in buying the same one.

As of fitting it on the car and how good it fits I will get back to you in a week or two when I get it back! :)