A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Is this legit? ...and will it fit?

Old 03-12-2013, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carwash
"Installed these"

these what? which grill did you go with, and let's see some pics.
I wasn't following the later half of the thread - just what the OP had posted on the RS style grill. Pic uploaded as well!

Some more pics attached!
Attached Images   

Last edited by am_ver; 03-13-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here is one more. I feel like I got a new car!!
Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Who makes those running LED's you installed next to your fog lights? Those things look sweet. I'd love to put those on my A6
Old 03-19-2013, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by brockmiera
Who makes those running LED's you installed next to your fog lights? Those things look sweet. I'd love to put those on my A6
I got those off of ebay. It is a simple DIY - powered from the battery and the trigger wire is from the fusebox (so the light powers off when you turn off the car)!

not the same seller, but these look like it http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-2005-2008-Audi-A6-Q5-Q7-9-LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-DRL-LED-009-/170889241063?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c9cae1e7&vxp=mtr
I paid $100 when I got them - guess price has dropped significantly.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

am_ver - Love the new grill.

I took my wife to a concert a few months back and a drunk back into me (the bastard) and crushed my front plate. Not a lot of damage but instead of rushing out and replacing the grill ASAP I wanted to look for a face-lift. The information on this thread was exactly what I needed.

Name:  IMG_1045a.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  121.0 KB

From what I understand on my model (06 3.2 FWD) I will need to cut off tabs and use a heat gun to mold or push back the plastic to make it fit. Let me know if I have that right.

Looking to use this grill I found on Amazon. Has any one bought this grill? If so, thoughts or advice?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006U4IH6O/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DJQ73ALF5AZ7 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006U4IH6O/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DJQ73ALF5AZ7
Old 03-29-2013, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ The one you linked from Amazon seems like the same one I bought from dubstopimports.com

except I purchased the gloss black trim.

I would buy it on ebay if I were you. You get a better price and merchants really care about their ebay rating, so they ship faster. I bought directly from dubstop and it took them awhile to even ship it. I bet if I bought it through eBay, they would have been a bit quicker.

BTW, I did not have to cut any tabs from the grille when installing on my Pre-Facelift 2007. I did however need to cut two sections of the center band (of the bumper cover where the grille sits) out so the grille would sit down flush (with a dremel it took a minute tops)

The whole install takes time! My main issue was that the screws holding the OE grille in place did not fit the aftermarket grille. That added some time since I had to source screws that fit. Total time was close to 4 hours.

Last edited by cal3thousand; 03-29-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: clarifying location of cut
Old 03-31-2013, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info on the screws and total time. I thought Amazon might deliver a better quality item than eBay (I'm a novice eBay-er) and it shows in stock so delivery time should be quick.

Did you use a clear coat on the grill before the install?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No, I did not use any paint. It seems to be painted with an automotive finish.

I will go over it with Opti-Coat 2.0 when I do the whole car in a couple weeks to add some protection, but that's it.

One more thing to note, the plastic surround (at least on the one I got) was not perfect. You will be able to notice (before you install) small imperfections where the screw posts are on the back side. I think this is due to the molding process not being a SUPER high quality. It's only noticeable at certain angles and is very small.

That being said, I thought about it long and hard before installing. I almost returned it until my wife told me to go ahead with it. Now that the grille has been on there, I admit that I have not noticed the imperfection at all, although I know it is there and can find it when I want. No one else will know it is there. If they do, there way too close to my car to begin with.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by am_ver
I wasn't following the later half of the thread - just what the OP had posted on the RS style grill. Pic uploaded as well!

Some more pics attached!
Hey am_ver, did you reuse the chrome rings off your stock grill? I love the dubstop grill but i definitely want chrome rings, and it seems dubstop doesn't offer them. They offer the chrome outer ring, but not the chrome logo... Or am i missing something?

Mike
Old 04-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

To answer my own question, you can use your stock rings...

And I just ordered my grill from dubstop. $148 to my door. Report when it arrives.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this legit? ...and will it fit?