A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI 2G Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 11:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by areitzel
What did you have to do or can you supply a link to that thread you found? I'm having the same issue, when you adjust the temperature or heated seats nothing comes up on the screen like it did and when you push setup it doesn't do anything then.

Everything else went perfectly.
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ad_Front_(High)

Check Channel 11 add +32
Old 02-28-2016, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by areitzel
What did you have to do or can you supply a link to that thread you found? I'm having the same issue, when you adjust the temperature or heated seats nothing comes up on the screen like it did and when you push setup it doesn't do anything then.

Everything else went perfectly.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all. I know this is an old topic but im having an issue updating my 07 a6. So I started with version 2740 and tried to update via cd1 of 4610. It always hangs at the "initialize the device screen. So i installed version 3360 and that updated no problem. Tried 4610 cd1 again and still the same problem. I tried burning at different speeds and using various cdrs still nothing. Its trying to update my bluetooth from version 700 to 900 but never gets past that screen. So i finally tried cd-2 ofr 4610 and that installed fine. Tried cd 1 a few more times but it always hangs at the initializing screen. As it sits now bluetooth works somewhat but its wonky. i always have to re-enter the pin to connect. And it doesnt always pair. But when it does pair it works fine. I was hoping the update would fix this but it just doesnt want to update. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Sorry for any grammatical errors lol. Im at work and have to rush this.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for such a detailed and helpful post.

I know this is two years later but do you still have the discs for sale? I don't have navigation but might go ahead and do the firmware. I'm at 41.4.0
Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by enoch861
I went ahead and finally did the update. For the first update, I had the car idling for the Bluetooth disc. It took the longest with one update taking around 30-45 minutes. The disc itself had 2 updates. The first one was about 5-10 minutes with the second one taking longer. I did have to run the disc twice.
The second disc didn't take more than 15 minutes with a bunch of little updates. I also had to run this disc about twice I believe. Overall about 90 minutes needed to get things updated. I will say that during disc 2 the car randomly turned off but the update succeeded without issue.
Don't take my word on this, but I think you can probably even perform the update while driving. I didn't actually try it while driving although I did get to the "OK to Update" screen while driving so I'm guessing you can do it. The car does a very good job of keeping voltages constant across all systems; that's why you're able to start the car without the MMI momentarily turning off compared to other cars that momentarily turn off the stereo when you start the car. I did not try turning the car on though.

After the update my climate controls and battery level were missing. Both of them were added back via the hidden menu. A restart of the MMI was needed after each change.

So what did I gain with the new update?
  • My contacts now actually sync via Bluetooth. No more empty phonebook.
  • No more "Accept" dialog box when you first start the car. Instead you're greeted with the MMI splash screen (which you can customize by the way) and that's it. Also when you turn MMI off (press and hold the volume button) the splash screen shows up instead of just a blank screen.
  • Changing between Radio/XM stations has a fade in/fade out effect. So transitions between stations is nice and smooth. It might not sound like a big deal but it's really nice.
  • Voice Command: My voice command button now actually works. I haven't been able to actually successfully get it to make a call or something but never the less, the button now does something and you can talk into it and it understands whatever commands you can give it, but I haven't been able to get it to make a call.. Yet.
  • More stability? Initially after getting updated things were a little wonky but now it's all settled in and things seem to be working just fine. I think it's also a bit more responsive, but it might be a placebo effect. I never did have any issues with my MMI so this update just adds some features for me. It also do have AMI settings added in the hidden menu.

I burned my CD's at 16x (the lowest my CD burner supports) on Sony CD-R discs I bought from Target. I think it's been a worthwhile upgrade so far so good. I do have the discs burned if anyone wants them that has had bad luck burning them. I can ship them for free as long as you agree to ship them to the next person gratis to help everyone get updated assuming there's enough interest in that sort of thing.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by jvanyc
I know this is two years later but do you still have the discs for sale? I don't have navigation but might go ahead and do the firmware. I'm at 41.4.0
Thanks in advance.
Here you go: https://a6retrofit.com/mmi-software-...6-10-americas/
Old 03-09-2017, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

One tip about burning these isos. If you try to burn the iso image and get errors saying invalid image just "unzip" the iso image and then burn the whole directory structure to a CD. I tried several different ISO copies and they were all giving that invalid error.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Recently did this in my 05 A6, and when the first CD got done, I restarted the MMI. Now the MMI won't come back on. Anyone else have this trouble!? No screen, no radio, no nada. I can still eject and load CD's, but there is nothing else that works.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ryanjayx
Recently did this in my 05 A6, and when the first CD got done, I restarted the MMI. Now the MMI won't come back on. Anyone else have this trouble!? No screen, no radio, no nada. I can still eject and load CD's, but there is nothing else that works.
Also, my gas gauge no longer works? Haha. Says I have zero miles left, and my gas meter is in E.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

How do you check what version mmi you have? software.
my car spec in signature
and i have navi dvd in back left
6 cd changer in the front right "thingy".

I wan't to figure out if i have bluetooth.
I have "TEL" button on MMI panel
this panel 100% same: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/liKDWRxuaNg/maxresdefault.jpg
Old 07-12-2019, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default How can I update my 2006 Audi A6 MMI software

Hi I went to a radio place call Audi Experience to have a Aux with Bluetooth put in my car but the technician said my MMI was to old to support it & I need to get with my dealer to upgrade it. So can someone help me out on this and can I do it myself?

Quick Reply: MMI 2G Software Update