A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI Update Issues

Old 11-14-2017, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI Update Issues

Hi Everyone,

First time poster! I bought my first Audi ('07 A6 Quattro), my first German car actually, last week and am trying to get a few things done to bring the bad boy up to speed. One of the things I found on here was the ability to update the software of the MMI system to allow for bluetooth music streaming. I found a good thread on here that went through some of the steps and provided the necessary software to perform the update. Unfortunately, as straightforward as it seems it's not getting me the results I was hoping.

First problem I'm running into is that I cannot find the MMI version on my vehicle anywhere. I've read several threads here as well as watched many youtube videos but I just don't have the "version" option under my setup. I have three options under set up: menu language, measurement units, and factory settings. From all I've read I should have at least one additional option stating version. Unfortunately, it's nowhere to be found. Anyone know of where else I can locate it?

Setting that aside and assuming it hadn't been updated I went ahead and burned both the bluetooth as well as the MMI update at the recommendation within the thread. When I performed the update in the car I went through and selected the SWUpdate, then Standard, then scrolled down to Handyvorb2, which gave the option of MAIN6 with it selected as N. When I selected that it gave me two options with empty boxes (presumably to select): bootloader and application 1130 > 1130. I have tried and tried to select those two options but to no avail. As such when I try to go through and select start download it states that I haven't selected anything and therefore it can't download.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? The only thing I'm guessing is that I don't have NAV set up on it... ? Is that needed in order to conduct the necessary upgrades? I'm just at a loss for how to proceed. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-14-2017, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by vaughnzipper
Hi Everyone,

First time poster! I bought my first Audi ('07 A6 Quattro), my first German car actually, last week and am trying to get a few things done to bring the bad boy up to speed. One of the things I found on here was the ability to update the software of the MMI system to allow for bluetooth music streaming. I found a good thread on here that went through some of the steps and provided the necessary software to perform the update. Unfortunately, as straightforward as it seems it's not getting me the results I was hoping.

First problem I'm running into is that I cannot find the MMI version on my vehicle anywhere. I've read several threads here as well as watched many youtube videos but I just don't have the "version" option under my setup. I have three options under set up: menu language, measurement units, and factory settings. From all I've read I should have at least one additional option stating version. Unfortunately, it's nowhere to be found. Anyone know of where else I can locate it?

Setting that aside and assuming it hadn't been updated I went ahead and burned both the bluetooth as well as the MMI update at the recommendation within the thread. When I performed the update in the car I went through and selected the SWUpdate, then Standard, then scrolled down to Handyvorb2, which gave the option of MAIN6 with it selected as N. When I selected that it gave me two options with empty boxes (presumably to select): bootloader and application 1130 > 1130. I have tried and tried to select those two options but to no avail. As such when I try to go through and select start download it states that I haven't selected anything and therefore it can't download.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? The only thing I'm guessing is that I don't have NAV set up on it... ? Is that needed in order to conduct the necessary upgrades? I'm just at a loss for how to proceed. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the forum. Firstly, you mentioned "update the software of the MMI system to allow for bluetooth music streaming" that's not possible out of the box with our vehicles, you'll need some sort of A2DP device or build a raspberry pi rig for this. The latest version of the MMI firmware is 46.1.0. Some recommend a 2-step process to upgrade to the latest...others not so much. Take a look a the following:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...steps-2607361/

https://a6retrofit.com/blog/2015/01/...6-10-americas/