A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Nav Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by am_ver
I did the Nav install on my car. You can find the kit on ebay or go the kufatec route (I went with ebay). basically you need the DVD player and the wiring harness. Putting the DVD into the slot in the truck is not hard. You then need to run the cable to the C-pillar which has a wire coming from the antenna on the roof (US models have the antenna and we don't need to drill a hole to install the antenna). The next step is find a power for the DVD player - this is done by running a wire to the other side of the trunk where the fusebox is located. The last part is to incorporate the Nav into the fiber optics system - this means disconnecting one cable and insert it into the nav and the output of the nav going into the original cable.

No coding was required after this for the nav to work; no going to dealer or making any changes using VAGCOM - I really like the audi nav - being built in and not having to deal with the tom-tom kinda devices with wires hanging all over (the other day I saw a bentley with a gps mounted with a suction cup - what a shame).
Has anyone done the front parking sensor retrofit from Kufatec????
Old 09-28-2010, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is there write up or any pics/diagrams to go by with the unit? Would you be able to PM the part number for the Nav Unit and the wiring harness? I hate using the hand held unit also.

Thank you

I did the Nav install on my car. You can find the kit on ebay or go the kufatec route (I went with ebay). basically you need the DVD player and the wiring harness. Putting the DVD into the slot in the truck is not hard. You then need to run the cable to the C-pillar which has a wire coming from the antenna on the roof (US models have the antenna and we don't need to drill a hole to install the antenna). The next step is find a power for the DVD player - this is done by running a wire to the other side of the trunk where the fusebox is located. The last part is to incorporate the Nav into the fiber optics system - this means disconnecting one cable and insert it into the nav and the output of the nav going into the original cable.

No coding was required after this for the nav to work; no going to dealer or making any changes using VAGCOM - I really like the audi nav - being built in and not having to deal with the tom-tom kinda devices with wires hanging all over (the other day I saw a bentley with a gps mounted with a suction cup - what a shame).
Old 09-29-2010, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The package that I bought from ebay had instructions printed out - not sure I kept them after the install. Here is one set of instructions (though I not seeing him showing the power wiring)

http://www.audiforum.us/installation...-a6-avant.html

I think this should be the retrofit kit, but I'd confirm with the kufatec people before ordering. Wiring appears to be: http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...---MMI-2G.html
Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you. so I have to do no drilling through the roof of the car do I? I have shark fin antenna now

The package that I bought from ebay had instructions printed out - not sure I kept them after the install. Here is one set of instructions (though I not seeing him showing the power wiring)

http://www.audiforum.us/installation...-a6-avant.html

I think this should be the retrofit kit, but I'd confirm with the kufatec people before ordering. Wiring appears to be: http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...---MMI-2G.html
Old 09-29-2010, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bud4ya
Thank you. so I have to do no drilling through the roof of the car do I? I have shark fin antenna now
no, you don't have to do the drilling part. The c-pillar has a teal colored cable coming down - you can plug into cable into the antenna cable from the Nav DVD.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great maybe with good instructions I may be bale to do this. Do you rememebr what you paid for the wiring and unit?

no, you don't have to do the drilling part. The c-pillar has a teal colored cable coming down - you can plug into cable into the antenna cable from the Nav DVD.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Do you know what color is I think I have one cable green and the oher one like blue?
Old 10-01-2010, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I paid around $1400 on ebay for the entire package. Since then I remember the price dropping to $1200 I think.

Originally Posted by bud4ya
Great maybe with good instructions I may be bale to do this. Do you rememebr what you paid for the wiring and unit?
Old 10-01-2010, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jeffry
Do you know what color is I think I have one cable green and the oher one like blue?
Its a blue'ish green cable midway on the c-pillar. On non-nav cars this cable is folded looking like it is going up (and not coming down from the roof). It is on the driver side c-pillar. You just need to snake the antenna cable from the DVD unit and connect to this end.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Its a blue'ish green cable midway on the c-pillar. On non-nav cars this cable is folded looking like it is going up (and not coming down from the roof). It is on the driver side c-pillar. You just need to snake the antenna cable from the DVD unit and connect to this end.
Im really confuse but I will check them Thanks

Quick Reply: Nav Install