A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Need to replace sub woofer on front passenger side

Old 03-05-2010, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to replace sub woofer on front passenger side

Folks;
I get a crackling noise out of my front passenger bass speaker, i even connected the VAG to it and ran the tone test to confirm the speaker. Has any one replaced the unit or have any advice on this? Over the phone Quote from dealership to replace unit was close to $500.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Woah. This is weird. Mine I think is going out too. Either that or the normal speaker
Old 03-06-2010, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

My driver bass speaker has cracking when a song with deep bass levels hits. I was told a price in the mid $300's. Just havent gotten around to changing it yet.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the same problem. Deep bass tones on the left driver seat. i thought it might just be something getting loose in there. Does anyone know exactly the cause of it? Maybe a fitting coming loose? And also the cost is for replacement or a quick fix?

Cheers
Tim
Old 03-07-2010, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the same problem on my 2005 A6 (Bose system), the bottom passenger side speaker in the front door makes a very annoying rattle/vibration. My experience with audio systems tells me the speaker is blown out. I considered replacing it myself, I found the speaker for $87.78, however it seems like a complicated job... Removing the door panel and trim, disconnecting the ambient light, possibly needing to replace retainer clips, etc. I'd rather spend the extra cash, have the dealer do it and not have to fear screwing up the door panel fit. BTW- My deal quoted me $125 for the speaker and $120 to install.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mrjetson
I have the same problem on my 2005 A6 (Bose system), the bottom passenger side speaker in the front door makes a very annoying rattle/vibration. My experience with audio systems tells me the speaker is blown out. I considered replacing it myself, I found the speaker for $87.78, however it seems like a complicated job... Removing the door panel and trim, disconnecting the ambient light, possibly needing to replace retainer clips, etc. I'd rather spend the extra cash, have the dealer do it and not have to fear screwing up the door panel fit. BTW- My deal quoted me $125 for the speaker and $120 to install.
Where did you find the subwoofer door speaker from $87? Please post up the part number I will order it today. Their was a TSB for the pasenger door speaker making a rattle / distortion. Had mine fixed under the TSB. If I remember it had somethig to do with the clip or a wiring harness in the way of the speaker itself.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I too would appreciate the information on the $89 speaker. Still not sure if the speaker can be replaced or the whole speaker unit needs to be replaced.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I use one of three parts outlets most of the time, one is my dealer who surprisingly has the better price in most cases. I've included links to each and the part #s for the Bose system... You'll have confirm the defective speaker before ordering since there are several that could be causing the issue. Good luck!

http://www.ecstuning.com
http://www.audiwholesaleparts.com
http://audi.bernardiparts.com/default.aspx

2 x loudspeakers (front) 4F0 035 382 D
2 x mid- tone speakers 4F0 035 411 E
2 x mid-range bass speakers 4F0 035 415 B
4 x treble 4F0 035 399 A
BOSE amplifier 4F0 035 223 G – I hope to never need this!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have any of you guys considered contacting Bose to see what the cost would be to repair the speaker / amplifier? A couple of guys on the Acura Legend forum did that so that they could keep their first generation Legend Coupes stock. (The early Bose systems in the Acuras were notorious for their failures - I ended up ripping mine out and replacing it with a "normal" system.)

Not sure as to whether the cost is cheaper to repair or just get a new replacement, but it's got to be cheaper than having the dealer do it. (At least for the speaker itself - but definitely the amplifier.)

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...on=6&x=10&y=12
Old 03-09-2010, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ha, my right front sub is blown too...all my fault though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need to replace sub woofer on front passenger side