AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/)
-   -   New A6 - Second question: Colors? I am thinking Atlas Gray with Amaretto (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/new-a6-second-question-colors-i-am-thinking-atlas-gray-amaretto-2603504/)

RaudiA7 03-01-2006 12:14 PM

New A6 - Second question: Colors? I am thinking Atlas Gray with Amaretto

I have had two silver audis - great color but time for a change. dark colors look great when new, but a pain to keep clean here in the northeast.
I am thinking atlas gray with the amaretto interior, now that the headliner is black.

anyone have this combo?

speedrzor 03-01-2006 12:52 PM

Re: New A6 - Second question: Colors? I am thinking Atlas Gray with Amaretto

I saw an s-line A6 in atlas gray with ebony interior. It looked very sharp inside the showroom.

I have also seen the amaretto interior. I thought I would like it, but something about it looks a little odd. The rest of the inside of the car is black and next to the orangy-brown amaretto leather seats, it reminds me of halloween.

markcincinnati 03-01-2006 01:12 PM

I have the green pearl amaretto combo -- amaretto is the anti-stark-BMW alternative, IMHO

markcincinnati 03-01-2006 01:14 PM

Halloween? At least think Pumpkin Pie for Pete's sake! Seriously, great color from Audi.

QuattroFino 03-01-2006 03:13 PM

I have seen the combo and it looks nice but I personally like the Amaretto with a black or white exterrior. I receive compliments on the Amaretto all the time.

The Atlas Gray is a great color and looks great in black or Amaretto. If you get the Amaretto you must have a good pair of designer sunglasses (I recommend the wide side Persols or Versace).

CovertW12 03-01-2006 03:19 PM

That's the blend I wanted.... it looks amazing.

Schuhy 03-01-2006 03:50 PM

I also thought that this would be the best combination until I went to the dealership and saw it in daylight - while it was nice, IMHO I preferred the Atlas/Black (better) and the Atlas/Platinum combo (best). Each to his own though. Any feedback from folks with the Atlas/Platinum combo would be appreciated...

drive4fun 03-01-2006 04:51 PM

I have the atlas/platinum combo and think I made the right choice. The leather is dark enough not to show every blemish but light enough to keep the interior airy. The light colored headliner could be a minus over the long term, as I imagine it could get dirty and would be difficult to clean.

Amaretto did cross my mind, but I ultimately thought it would be one of those things that looks good at first but wouldn't stand the test of time.

ACSGP 03-01-2006 09:29 PM

Amaretto - more coffee, less pumpkin. For halloween effect, see volvo V70R

While Amaretto was an option I considered, I ended up with creme beige as I wanted a light & airy cabin. Also, the Amaretto then came with the silver headliner, which didn't match, and the black option would have made it too dark.

The creme beige/light birch + black looks great with my brilliant black exterior, but difficult to keep clean with 2 young kids. Holding up well though, after 1 year 3 months.

Frosell 03-13-2006 02:52 AM

Hi I haven't seen the combination atlas grey with amaretto brown interior, besides from a model car of A8. However I have ordered the same a couple of weeks ago a will get the car sometime mid April. I also added the black roof just to be sure I don't mix colours. If you haven't decided the colour yet I can "send you" pictures when the car is delivered. The car is an A6 Estate.