A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

No heating

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No heating

Hi was wondering if someone can help me please I'm at my wits end. I have a 2006 audi a6 2.0tdi. Went out about 5weeks ago to find my heating was not working nothing. I was advised by an auto electrician to change my resistor. I got a brand new one still nothing. I then took out the blower motor and took it to the electrician. He said the motor was working fine and that he was 95% certain the blower wasn't at fault. He advised me to get another resistor a different brand. I done this and nothing. I then booked my car in to electrician for a scan read and he said the blower motor was taking too much load. I then got another blower from ebay a second hand genuine audi one fitted it still nothing. I took my original one back to electrician he opened it up and checked it over and says the blower is healthy nothing wrong with it. I've checked fuses. Can someone please help me with this. Thanks
Old 04-16-2018, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan36
Hi was wondering if someone can help me please I'm at my wits end. I have a 2006 audi a6 2.0tdi. Went out about 5weeks ago to find my heating was not working nothing. I was advised by an auto electrician to change my resistor. I got a brand new one still nothing. I then took out the blower motor and took it to the electrician. He said the motor was working fine and that he was 95% certain the blower wasn't at fault. He advised me to get another resistor a different brand. I done this and nothing. I then booked my car in to electrician for a scan read and he said the blower motor was taking too much load. I then got another blower from ebay a second hand genuine audi one fitted it still nothing. I took my original one back to electrician he opened it up and checked it over and says the blower is healthy nothing wrong with it. I've checked fuses. Can someone please help me with this. Thanks
Sounds like you should visit a new auto shop, if that really is the advice you got. For a no hear situation read up on the following: https://www.thoughtco.com/why-does-c...no-heat-281955 But you should really try starting with flushing and cleaning your heater core to ensure there's no blockage.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default No heating

But that wouldn't stop the blower motor from working thought would it. I've checked the matrix and all that. It's just the blower motor not working I'm absolutely confused all the fuses are OK. Thanks for the reply
Old 04-20-2018, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan36
But that wouldn't stop the blower motor from working thought would it. I've checked the matrix and all that. It's just the blower motor not working I'm absolutely confused all the fuses are OK. Thanks for the reply
are you sure it is not the climate control module itself? also the blower module has the power regulator which consist of couple of transistors. Did you check that one?
Old 04-22-2018, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Where are these placed. Had the blower motor tested 3 times it works off the car changed the resistor 3 times different makes doesn't work.. I was online on other forums and a guy had the same problem as me and it turned out to be a aircon pressure sensor that went faulty and sent the fault through the canbus wires upto the control panel inside the cockpit
Old 04-22-2018, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Where are these placed. Had the blower motor tested 3 times and each time it's tested in the workshop it works. When u put it in the car it doesn't work. I've tried 3 different brands of resistors and that hasn't helped. I was on another forum and a guy had the same problem as me and it turned out to be the aircon pressure sensor that went faulty in which turn sent a fault up the canbus wires into his control panel in the cockpit
Old 04-22-2018, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Also put another blower motor in and still didn't work