A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Oil tube stuck

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil tube stuck

Good day all. I have an issue with a drain tube stuck inthe oil dip stick tube. I have a oil extractor can that requires I place a 1/4" tube into the oil dip stick tube. Upon running the tube down I encountered some resistance , so I pressed hrder trying to get the tube into the oil pan as deep as I could. Now, I am unable to retract the tube as it appears to be bound. It feels like I paced it by a metal strip of some sort and while trying to pull it out, it is pinched or caught somehow. I have concerns driving the car with the tube still in the pan, any help?
Old 09-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I dont understand are you trying to drain the engine oil? If so there is a much more convensional method that consists of unthreading the oilpan drain plug. Just so you know.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Which engine, what year? Did you try removing the dip stick housing? I mean the metal tube that the dip stick slide into it to the bottom of the oil pan? That way, nothing will stay stuck in this tube and if you can remove that part, you gonna have more lenght of oil extractor tube to work with... The dipstick tube seem to be held by only one screw and slide into the base of your engine. If you do it this way, plan a new O ring for this tube. And don't drive the car like this. You gonna make a mess with the oil splashing out from the dipstick tube and you running a chance to have your oil extractor tube to get caught into the crankshaft or some sorts of moving parts down there... Good luck.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You may have to drop the oil sump pan and pull the tube out from the bottom.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Kamahaina
Good day all. I have an issue with a drain tube stuck inthe oil dip stick tube. I have a oil extractor can that requires I place a 1/4" tube into the oil dip stick tube. Upon running the tube down I encountered some resistance , so I pressed hrder trying to get the tube into the oil pan as deep as I could. Now, I am unable to retract the tube as it appears to be bound. It feels like I paced it by a metal strip of some sort and while trying to pull it out, it is pinched or caught somehow. I have concerns driving the car with the tube still in the pan, any help?
I have the same problem. Does anyone know of a trick to un-stick the tube, so I don't need to disassemble the engine....?
Old 02-10-2020, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by subspace100
I have the same problem. Does anyone know of a trick to un-stick the tube, so I don't need to disassemble the engine....?
Any solutions? i ran into the same issue
Old 07-03-2022, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kamahaina

keep twist the drain tube and move up and down to pull.

Last edited by nozatech; 07-03-2022 at 03:03 PM.