A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Rear Parking Speaker / Buzzer Location

Old 09-23-2013, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks!!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just what I needed. AW is the best!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default C6 A6 AVANT REPLACEMENT

This is an old post, but hopefully if it helps even one person it was worth trying. So my wife has an 06 Avant and the backup sound just quit one day. If you go into the MMI menu under car set up then backup settings it will not let you adjust the volume. It will just keep defaulting back to center. This was my clear indicator that the buzzer did in fact go out.

I purchased the new part on ebay for $20 US. and I was able to get the old one out and the new one in within 30 min once I cleared the kids car seats out of the way.

Quit tutorial:

1. Remove the back storage cubby panel.

2. Remove the two torque screws on the passenger side back cargo pannel that is carpeted on the lower half and molded plastic on the upper. This is all once piece even though it may look like two. One screw is located in the rear, the other is located in the impression where the cargo cover goes right behind the backseat. You will also want to remove the rubber fitting that goes around the heavy metal bracket that secures the pet/cargo screen roll.

3. Unplug the wires for 12v cigarette lighter outlet. (The outlet stays with the pannel.

4. Lift the up the rubber seal around the back and on the floor that covers the side panel and slowly start to pull the panel back and outward. (once it starts to move go to the back passenger door, fold the seat down and pull the front part of the panel outward. This feels like you are putting a decent amount of pressure on the plastic panel, but it will come right out. (you don't have to remove the entire panel from the car. You can just pull it out 3/4 of the way to get your hands into the buzzer location.

5. Once the panel is loose just follow the instructions posted above and slide the buzzer straight up and unplug and replace.

6. Once the new one is plugged, turn the car to the aux position but do not start the engine and shift into reverse. You should hear one beep. Or go into the MMI car set up menu and adjust the buzzer sound or tone and it should work.

7. Button it all back up the way you pulled it apart.

I know I save a few hundred dollars by not having to take it to the service dept. So I hope this helps someone else out.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Guys, I have an Audi A4 TDI 2010.

Just has the rear bumper changed after some nice guy decided to slam into me. As a result the parking sensors have been changed, and since getting the car back thet rear sensor is so quiet it's a joke, even when the volume has been turned up in the MMI.

I suspect that the previous owner may have taken the steps to change the position of the buzzer to make it louder, and when the garage have done the work they have put it back to the original factory position.

As a result I think I am going to need to get access to it to move it.

After investigating it's location, and reading the above post I can confirm that I can hear it within the rear offside seatbelt cover, in the seat behind the driver.

Can I assume I will need to take the steps pointed out above to access it, or is it different in the A4 ?

cheers everyone

Phil
Old 11-19-2014, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by philvagabond
Hi Guys, I have an Audi A4 TDI 2010.

Just has the rear bumper changed after some nice guy decided to slam into me. As a result the parking sensors have been changed, and since getting the car back thet rear sensor is so quiet it's a joke, even when the volume has been turned up in the MMI.

I suspect that the previous owner may have taken the steps to change the position of the buzzer to make it louder, and when the garage have done the work they have put it back to the original factory position.

As a result I think I am going to need to get access to it to move it.

After investigating it's location, and reading the above post I can confirm that I can hear it within the rear offside seatbelt cover, in the seat behind the driver.

Can I assume I will need to take the steps pointed out above to access it, or is it different in the A4 ?

cheers everyone

Phil
no idea if it's the same steps, since the car you have is different from the C6. My recommendation would be for you to post this ask on the A4 forum.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

cheers raj99 will do
Old 02-01-2015, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Q7 2019 - chime location

1 Fault Found:
01543 - Parking Aid Warning Chime (H15)
009 - Open or Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status:

Is any one can help me out to find Chime location on Audi Q7 2019. I am new on this form and really donot know where to Contact.
Thanks
Old 02-01-2015, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Q7 2010 - Chime location

Fault Found:
01543 - Parking Aid Warning Chime (H15)
009 - Open or Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status:

Is any one can help me out to find Chime location on Audi Q7 2010. I am new on this form and really donot know where to Contact.
Thanks
Old 02-01-2015, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 170 Likes on 149 Posts

Wrong forum. This form is for the C6 A6, not the Q7 Post your thread on that forum.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 322 Likes on 271 Posts

I replaced mine yesterday evening. This thread helped a lot. I used a part ordered from Wolf Auto Parts (thumbs up!). I'm sorry I was unable to take step by step pictures as it was dark already. The few things to note are:

1. Buy only speakers that are made from 2008 onward. This is my second attempt. I tried one taken from another 2005 C6 and it did not work.

2. The Torx screws on mine are T-25.

3. You'll need a 17mm flat wrench to loosen the driver's side rear seat fold down latch.

4. After removing the screws on top and the bottom of the triangle shaped pillar, you have to pull the edge of the rear deck cover (has 4 clips) and lift it off the seat belt cover to be able to remove the triangle shaped pillar.

5. Placing back the triangle shaped pillar is a PITA. Took me more than an hour to place it back even though this was the second time. Had a hard time the first time as well. The trick is to force the front bottom of it down its place some way. I still don't really know how I made it. Just don't underestimate that step of the job.

Speaker...

Testing...

You have to pull and lift this up to remove the triangle shaped pillar

The following users liked this post:
AudiAllTheWay (02-05-2023)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Parking Speaker / Buzzer Location