A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nemesisa6
sounds good, what state are you in stroker?
I'm in MA
Old 10-07-2010, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stroker351w - Do you have the advanced key option in your car? Does the advanced key change the wiring and functionality? I was wondering what the process is to enter the car and drive away. A regular car without the advanced key usually requires you to put the key into the ignition and turn it to the ignition position then press the brake. Also another thing to worry about is the steering wheel lock.

BTW - Are you going to be able to program your Audi switch bladekey to control the remote start?

I'm pretty sure you will find a way but please post a DIY. Thank you.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by stroker351w
I'm in MA
Where in MA? Im right over the border in Cumberland, RI.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 05A632
Where in MA? Im right over the border in Cumberland, RI.
I'm right by marlborough
Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fe342185
Stroker351w - Do you have the advanced key option in your car? Does the advanced key change the wiring and functionality? I was wondering what the process is to enter the car and drive away. A regular car without the advanced key usually requires you to put the key into the ignition and turn it to the ignition position then press the brake. Also another thing to worry about is the steering wheel lock.

BTW - Are you going to be able to program your Audi switch bladekey to control the remote start?

I'm pretty sure you will find a way but please post a DIY. Thank you.
I don't have the advanced key option in my A6 but, the functionality is similar. The Canmax 400 will be programmed for that option and you still have the 556uw with a valet key in it. When you get in you will have to hit the brake to turn off the remote start and then turn the car back on like normal. (Small price to pay for having a remote start in a great car).

You can't program the switchblade for a remote start. You have to use the key fob that comes with the remote start. That being said, all you need is the most basic remote start because the keyless and trunk are on the key already. I would suggest the Viper 5301. That has keyless but the remote start is 2 way so the key fob tells you if the car started up. Otherwise you can go with the Viper 5101 which is only one way.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't have the advanced key option in my A6 but, the functionality is similar. The Canmax 400 will be programmed for that option and you still have the 556uw with a valet key in it. When you get in you will have to hit the brake to turn off the remote start and then turn the car back on like normal. (Small price to pay for having a remote start in a great car).

You can't program the switchblade for a remote start. You have to use the key fob that comes with the remote start. That being said, all you need is the most basic remote start because the keyless and trunk are on the key already. I would suggest the Viper 5301. That has keyless but the remote start is 2 way so the key fob tells you if the car started up. Otherwise you can go with the Viper 5101 which is only one way.
Does our car call for the 2nd generation XKLOADER2 required for FLASHING CANMAX400 DEI ?
Old 10-07-2010, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by STEALTH_6
Does our car call for the 2nd generation XKLOADER2 required for FLASHING CANMAX400 DEI ?
yes, that is the interface between the module and the computer. You are going to use the 400.AUKI firmware.

http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=81

You can find the manual and firmware links there.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yes, that is the interface between the module and the computer. You are going to use the 400.AUKI firmware.

http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=81

You can find the manual and firmware links there.
Thank you for the clarification...
Old 10-07-2010, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Last question/concern is.. My previous car was a BMW and BMW disables the receiver for the key fob once the ignition has turned on making the key fob useless once remote started. The shop said I will need to then use the key and insert it into the hole to unlock the car. Is the Audi the same? I opted not to do it for the BMW since it was basically gaining one convenience and giving up another.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fe342185
Last question/concern is.. My previous car was a BMW and BMW disables the receiver for the key fob once the ignition has turned on making the key fob useless once remote started. The shop said I will need to then use the key and insert it into the hole to unlock the car. Is the Audi the same? I opted not to do it for the BMW since it was basically gaining one convenience and giving up another.
With all my tinkering I have not found this to be true. Get in the vehicle and start it up then try your lock and unlock buttons on the fob. That will tell you for sure. I know on mine it doesn't disable the fob because I was figuring out which way the glove box locked when the car locked and I was using the key fob.

Quick Reply: Remote Start