A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Replacing drivers side door lock actuator

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-20-2018, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is this the correct part?

Door Lock Latch Actuator For AUDI A3 A6 C6 S6 A8 # 4F1837016

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-20-2018, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by al329
Is this the correct part?

Door Lock Latch Actuator For AUDI A3 A6 C6 S6 A8 # 4F1837016

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3SWN4O9HCQG1Y
That appears to be for the passenger side. However, I found this one that is for what I need, the driver's side. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-23-2018, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Oh ok cool!

Sorry I need the passenger side so I posted that link.

Pretty cheap .. will have to see about the quality. But I'll give it a try.

Cheers
Old 04-23-2018, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Unless you guys changed the links, those both appear to be the same part number: 4F1 837 015 E. I think it does not matter whether or not the car is LHD or RHD, but rather is tied to the side of the car Left or Right.

So for LHD, this is the driver's part and for those using RHD, it is considered the passenger part.

Odd thing about the listing is that some of the reviews indicate that it is 4F1 837 016 which is the right side. Amazon has some weird listing issues sometimes. In any case, good luck with the repairs, all!
Old 04-23-2018, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by cal3thousand
Unless you guys changed the links, those both appear to be the same part number: 4F1 837 015 E. I think it does not matter whether or not the car is LHD or RHD, but rather is tied to the side of the car Left or Right.

So for LHD, this is the driver's part and for those using RHD, it is considered the passenger part.

Odd thing about the listing is that some of the reviews indicate that it is 4F1 837 016 which is the right side. Amazon has some weird listing issues sometimes. In any case, good luck with the repairs, all!
Yeah. I'm totally confused now. That's interesting that you mention LHD and RHD. I just figured out what that means. I am asking the question on Amazon to see if I can make sure this thing will no kidding fit my front driver's door (USA with steering wheel on left - LHD).

If that $45 one fits, I am ordering it ASAP.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I bought my '08 A6 Avant two years ago it had a bad front pass door actuator. I hadn't checked the car locking feature, Duh! Found one on ebay from an AUDi parts guy for around $280. My INDY, ex VW guy w/lots of experience installed it in about an hour. Just had drivers door crap out a couple weeks ago & cheapest price I could find anywhere on Genuine AUDI was Andrew & Julian at EMIparts.com. My old mechanic is now working as a FEDEX mechanic & building a new house in his "spare" time! So I had to use his very talented but not totally VW/AUDI savvy and the drivers side took him an hour & a half or 2! BTW I have emiparts.com to be ultra competitive on high grade OEM or AUDI parts. Quick & competent! They're on the shore in E CT but USPS Priority is pretty quick!
Old 04-24-2018, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I asked the question about the $45 actuator on Amazon (link below) and several people wrote back and told me that it is for a front driver's door (left hand driven car - USA). So, I will be ordering it soon. Yes I know I am gambling with a cheap aftermarket part that is likely made in China but hey, can't be any worse than what I have not (door doesn't lock at all unless putting the key in the lock). Only thing to lose is several frustrating hours of installation.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N68GX34/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3SWN4O9HCQG1Y&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N68GX34/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3SWN4O9HCQG1Y&psc=1
Old 04-24-2018, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by akingzkid
I asked the question about the $45 actuator on Amazon (link below) and several people wrote back and told me that it is for a front driver's door (left hand driven car - USA). So, I will be ordering it soon. Yes I know I am gambling with a cheap aftermarket part that is likely made in China but hey, can't be any worse than what I have not (door doesn't lock at all unless putting the key in the lock). Only thing to lose is several frustrating hours of installation.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...O9HCQG1Y&psc=1
I had a similar one from ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LHD-Front-L...JaAp45&vxp=mtr
and it worked fine for me.
Again, note that the driver side actuator has to connect with the plastic lip of the door lock. Still I have done it without removing the glass frame.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by beep-beep
I had a similar one from ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LHD-Front-L...JaAp45&vxp=mtr
and it worked fine for me.
Again, note that the driver side actuator has to connect with the plastic lip of the door lock. Still I have done it without removing the glass frame.
Awesome. I will Be doing this in the next few weeks to month. Any other points, tips or advice?

Quick Reply: Replacing drivers side door lock actuator