A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 09-06-2016, 01:12 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

replacing start and stop buttons?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueSander
uhm, i want to add push to start on my car. Anyone here tried that yet?
I would make a new thread for that question; i think it will be complacted and you will have to cut the interior trim. Personally I used the advanced key for the first few months because it was cool, but know I only use the lock unlock and regular way to start car.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by triplecore
Personally I used the advanced key for the first few months because it was cool, but know I only use the lock unlock and regular way to start car.
To each his own. I think the advanced key is one of the best features of my A6 (besides the 4.2). I love just having the fob in my pocket and not having to fumble with keys. Not saying you are wrong, just saying that different people have different opinions of things. I'll never have another car that doesn't have an advanced key option.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would make a new thread for that question; i think it will be complacted and you will have to cut the interior trim. Personally I used the advanced key for the first few months because it was cool, but know I only use the lock unlock and regular way to start car.
Why would you do that? Both of my cars have advance key (or equivalent) and I don't know if I could go back. The car unlocks for you when you go to open it, and then you push a button. Done.

I guess if you like the extra work.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Same here, advance key is like leather seats or auto headlight, once you have it, you can never go back
Old 07-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
Same here, advance key is like leather seats or auto headlight, once you have it, you can never go back
Yes, I completely agree. It is a wonderful convenience. I do press the unlock button on the remote when other people will be in the car because only the door I am at unlocks. Is there a central unlocking feature I'm missing?
Old 07-12-2009, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LucFuture
Yes, I completely agree. It is a wonderful convenience. I do press the unlock button on the remote when other people will be in the car because only the door I am at unlocks. Is there a central unlocking feature I'm missing?
I believe if you go into the "Car" settings on the MMI there is an area to customize the unlock feature for each door!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by camerri
Why would you do that? Both of my cars have advance key (or equivalent) and I don't know if I could go back. The car unlocks for you when you go to open it, and then you push a button. Done.

I guess if you like the extra work.
and Blaatzee

I agree its personal preference, but also on my A6 the button makes me push it twice or really hard for a second or two to start the car sometimes.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

and Blaatzee

I agree its personal preference, but also on my A6 the button makes me push it twice or really hard for a second or two to start the car sometimes.
I think because it's a 2 stage button, some people don't get it right the 1st time, if i push it to the 2nd click and immediately let go it works fine =)
Old 07-12-2009, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

I am also a big fan of the advanced key. After using it for 4 years I can't imagine driving a car that does not allow me to leave the fob in my pocket.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add me to the list of converts- I love advanced key and bluetooth. There's something to be said for never having to remove your car key or cellphone from your pocket.

Quick Reply: replacing start and stop buttons?