AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/)
-   -   S6 2007 Car don't move doesn't change gear + water/oil mix in transmission & coolant (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/s6-2007-car-dont-move-doesnt-change-gear-water-oil-mix-transmission-coolant-2971062/)

Yasser Al-Luqman 04-23-2019 02:32 PM

S6 2007 Car don't move doesn't change gear + water/oil mix in transmission & coolant

S6 2007 Car don't move doesn't change gear + water/oil mix in transmission & coolant.

Guys please help me out here as I'm surrounded by thiefs (Garages/mechanics) and each saying different thing and I know none had ever worked on such vehicle.

THIS IS FIRST TIME I'm fixing it out of dealership. Engine only done 25K mile.

1. TRANSMISSION OIL/WATER MIX
2. ENGINE COOLANT OIL/WATER MIX (HEAT UP)
3. Car doesn't move when shift to Drive or Reverse

What's is required to be fixed and parts I should get
Thank you.

jeffpuxx 04-23-2019 02:37 PM

I would suggest going to the dealership.

Yasser Al-Luqman 04-23-2019 03:40 PM

I DID AS USUAL

Originally Posted by jeffpuxx (Post 25307173)
I would suggest going to the dealership.

HI Jeff, of course was my first destination but our dealerships not like yours cant explain. They quoted ridiculous amount and only for labor charge was like 3K

jeffpuxx 04-23-2019 03:43 PM

What did the dealership say was wrong with the car?

das60 04-23-2019 04:46 PM

This happen to our A6 after a particularly wet trip to a local airport. Small amounts of water got into the transmission through some sort of ventilation system.....whole thing was weird. Transmission was hot yet water did not boil off. Long story short, new transmission was the only fix.

raj99 04-23-2019 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Yasser Al-Luqman (Post 25307171)
S6 2007 Car don't move doesn't change gear + water/oil mix in transmission & coolant.

Guys please help me out here as I'm surrounded by thiefs (Garages/mechanics) and each saying different thing and I know none had ever worked on such vehicle.

THIS IS FIRST TIME I'm fixing it out of dealership. Engine only done 25K mile.

1. TRANSMISSION OIL/WATER MIX
2. ENGINE COOLANT OIL/WATER MIX (HEAT UP)
3. Car doesn't move when shift to Drive or Reverse

What's is required to be fixed and parts I should get
Thank you.

@Yasser Al-Luqman So a couple of points:
  1. water should never be in your transmission fluid or oil
  2. Don't always beleive everything the dealer tells you.
On the first point, how do you know you have water is in your tranmsision? That's a sealed system and unless there's a crack an issue with the cover/bolt which holds the fluid in, there's no way water gets in there by itself. As for the engine oil, are you losing coolant? If not, how do you know you have water in there without removing the oil and checking it for contaminents?

As for the point about dealership trust. I've a good dealer relationship, however when I brought my car in recently for the Takata air bag recall, my MMI magically stopped working, they said I'd need to replace it for a $1500 figure and that was it. It took my 15 mins to determine that a 5amp fuse had blown and cost me exactly 10 cents to replace. So don't always believe what they say without evidence.

Get back to us on what they tell you, also who is your dealer and where are you located, since there may be someone local on here who can help you.

Nurke 04-23-2019 10:43 PM

Just change your radiator and do a very good trans flush.