A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Sunroof will not close - need help!

Old 04-13-2018, 05:48 PM
SCL
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof will not close - need help!

It stops about 4 inches short of closing, seems to jam, and then reverses and opens again. I have read about the Sunshade problem and the springs... but I will not be able to remove the glass panel until I can get the roof to close and tilt.
The sunshade seems to slide further back than it should, so I assume this related. How can I free up the sunroof to allow it to close? Is there a way to remove the sliding sunshade from the inside?
Old 04-16-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by SCL
It stops about 4 inches short of closing, seems to jam, and then reverses and opens again. I have read about the Sunshade problem and the springs... but I will not be able to remove the glass panel until I can get the roof to close and tilt.
The sunshade seems to slide further back than it should, so I assume this related. How can I free up the sunroof to allow it to close? Is there a way to remove the sliding sunshade from the inside?
You may need to reset your sunroof, take a look at the following: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-.../#post24159342

Also, this might be applicable to you as well:
Old 04-19-2018, 03:19 PM
SCL
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I was able to fix it (mostly). After inspecting the track in the daylight, I found a part on the driver's side that looked out of place. I believe I have the known sunshade issue, and when I had closed the sunshade some time earlier, it must have knocked this part loose and pushed it forward. I was able to snap it back into place. See the attached pics of the left side (with loose part) and the right side which was still intact. The roof closed on its own and I haven't touched it since. I think it might work OK if I do not slide the sunshade forward again, but I don't want find out. When I have the time I'll take the glass out and have a look at the sunshade springs, etc.
Thanks again for your reply. )

Left side - found this piece loose and pushed forward...must have been preventing the sunroof from closing.

Right side, intact.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw your message today. I replied to you and afterwards found your thread. I Want to know if there is a definite fix available for this problem i have no sunshade for quite a while now