A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Thoughts on if I should buy this 2008 Audi A6 S line or not..

Old 03-29-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thoughts on if I should buy this 2008 Audi A6 S line or not..

Hey, so I just went today to see a beautiful grey 2008 Audi A6 S line. The vehicle has 134,000 kms on it and is spotless besides a medium sized chip on the door and a tiny ding, interior is perfect, and everything is functioning as it should. I test drove it, and didn't go easy on the car... as usual I put it in sport mode and tested acceleration a few times, and when I came back to the lot I smelt burning.. I popped the hood and the car was smoking, the owner of the dealer was straight up and told me that the valve cover gasket was done, he said that the car will be repaired and will come with warranty,adn he will be fixing the chip and ding as well. He wants $9500 CAD for the car... should I move forward with this vehicle or move on?
Old 03-30-2019, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Faaz.Baig
Hey, so I just went today to see a beautiful grey 2008 Audi A6 S line. The vehicle has 134,000 kms on it and is spotless besides a medium sized chip on the door and a tiny ding, interior is perfect, and everything is functioning as it should. I test drove it, and didn't go easy on the car... as usual I put it in sport mode and tested acceleration a few times, and when I came back to the lot I smelt burning.. I popped the hood and the car was smoking, the owner of the dealer was straight up and told me that the valve cover gasket was done, he said that the car will be repaired and will come with warranty,adn he will be fixing the chip and ding as well. He wants $9500 CAD for the car... should I move forward with this vehicle or move on?
Hi @Faaz.Baig , you've not provided too many details on the car itself. I'm assuming it's a 3.2, but you didn't list:
  • recent maintenance history
  • any previous maintenance records
  • options included in the vehicle
Before you buy it, make sure you get a PPI, since if it's just the valve covers, that's an easy job...but if it's the figure 8 gasket under the oil filter, it's a PITA. Also, you'll be able to see the condition of the other wear and tear items (suspension, struts, etc...) when the car is on a lift.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raj99
Hi @Faaz.Baig , you've not provided too many details on the car itself. I'm assuming it's a 3.2, but you didn't list:
  • recent maintenance history
  • any previous maintenance records
  • options included in the vehicle
Before you buy it, make sure you get a PPI, since if it's just the valve covers, that's an easy job...but if it's the figure 8 gasket under the oil filter, it's a PITA. Also, you'll be able to see the condition of the other wear and tear items (suspension, struts, etc...) when the car is on a lift.
Hi. Sorry so here’s the details.. car has air suspension which works great, 3.2l engine, lots of maintenance records, and the car is fully loaded with every option you could get, reverse camera, air suspension as I said, Navi, etc. Overall it’s in great condition, lots of maintenance records. The records include lots of big repairs such as bushings, one air strut was done, spark plugs were done, new battery, new thermostat, and much more. I’ll update that once I have another look at them.