A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Trunk Light, Fuse, LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk Light, Fuse, LEDs

Ok so I just replaced all my interior lights with new LEDS and even the ones for the license plate. I knew that the license plate ones would throw a code unless I had resisters. Everything is great except the trunk light.
I am wondering if there is a) a fuse for the trunk light that I blew, b) if the trunk light would actually throw a code and cut power to that light or c) I bent the points on the housing too far and can't get a good connection. I have been looking through all the forums and can't find anything.
Any advise would be welcome, thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Spazn
Ok so I just replaced all my interior lights with new LEDS and even the ones for the license plate. I knew that the license plate ones would throw a code unless I had resisters. Everything is great except the trunk light.
I am wondering if there is a) a fuse for the trunk light that I blew, b) if the trunk light would actually throw a code and cut power to that light or c) I bent the points on the housing too far and can't get a good connection. I have been looking through all the forums and can't find anything.
Any advise would be welcome, thanks in advance.
Whats the issue with trunk light? If it doesn't light up put the old bulb back in, lock the car and wait few mins as most likely old bulb will not work right after LED. I had an issue when I replaced it with LED and nothing worked, not even my old bulb. After ahile old one started to work but the LED didn't. I had to order LED with load resistor I believe and now it works. Its been too long since I did this mod.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the information. I put the old regular light bulb in and after a few minutes it did start working. It looks like if I want it to match all my other lights I have to buy another one with a resistor built in.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Spazn
Thanks for the information. I put the old regular light bulb in and after a few minutes it did start working. It looks like if I want it to match all my other lights I have to buy another one with a resistor built in.
Thanks for the reply.
Bringing back an old thread from the grave...

I attempted to change out the trunk light for my S6 and tried to remove the bulb with a small screwdriver which may have touch one of the metal prongs holding the bulb in its casing. Now the light won't turn on. Tried installing another bulb but still no joy. Locked the car and waited a few minutes to see if the light would come back, again no joy. Checked the manual to see if there was a fuse associated with the rear trunk light but couldn't find anything close to it.

Any help or guidance would be awesome.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Don't forget, when you install LED bulbs, if they don't light up, pull the bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall. Changing the polarity of the bulb.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Crosbo
Don't forget, when you install LED bulbs, if they don't light up, pull the bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall. Changing the polarity of the bulb.
neither bulb (LED or standard) came on so I reinstalled the stock bulb in the housing. Several hours later and without me doing anything, it started working again. Tried the LED reinstall and it did the same thing so I decided to walk away for now. This is the only circuit that is giving me any issues with LED's.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audia6s
Whats the issue with trunk light? If it doesn't light up put the old bulb back in, lock the car and wait few mins as most likely old bulb will not work right after LED. I had an issue when I replaced it with LED and nothing worked, not even my old bulb. After ahile old one started to work but the LED didn't. I had to order LED with load resistor I believe and now it works. Its been too long since I did this mod.
About the load resistor, can i order the led with that resistor (built in) or do i have to do some additional wireing to put the load resistor between led and the connector ?

Thx