A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Viper Smart Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper Smart Start

I just learned about this Viper Smart Start today its basically a remote starter from your phone...with other features too but Im wondering if anyone else with a 05 a6 or any other audi has used this and if it's worth getting it? thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by babytransporter
I just learned about this Viper Smart Start today its basically a remote starter from your phone...with other features too but Im wondering if anyone else with a 05 a6 or any other audi has used this and if it's worth getting it? thanks
Remote starters in our cars has been nothing but a dream for most of us except stroker351w. I believe he is the only one that has succesfully gotten a starter installed in his C6. I wonder how he is making out as we have not heard from him after the install. I am much interested too.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...hlight=stroker
Old 02-05-2011, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

2ND
Old 03-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Smartstart

Originally Posted by babytransporter
I am a manufacturer's rep for DEI (parent company of Viper). I just had the Smartstart installed in my b7 S4 and it works flawlessly. Feel free to message me if you want any additional info. Note the new GPS version will be out in a few days. I will tell you that Audis in general are not the easiest vehicles to do and I would highly recommend taking to a reputable 12v dealer to install. If you give me your zip, I can suggest a good place to go. Most of the big box stores will not touch these cars.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billyp7718
I am a manufacturer's rep for DEI (parent company of Viper). I just had the Smartstart installed in my b7 S4 and it works flawlessly. Feel free to message me if you want any additional info. Note the new GPS version will be out in a few days. I will tell you that Audis in general are not the easiest vehicles to do and I would highly recommend taking to a reputable 12v dealer to install. If you give me your zip, I can suggest a good place to go. Most of the big box stores will not touch these cars.
Nice... Good to hear this info, too bad it came when winter is almost done. I still want to get this done at some point however this job has dropped quite a few places in my list of ToDos. Thank you for sharing...
Old 07-20-2011, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jujuC6
Nice... Good to hear this info, too bad it came when winter is almost done. I still want to get this done at some point however this job has dropped quite a few places in my list of ToDos. Thank you for sharing...
I had one installed on my 2010 S5 yesterday, it works well for starting the car. It comes with 2 remote keys as well. There is a learning curve, the first time I started it, I used the door sensor to unlock/open the door and started the alarm. Early yet, but from what I have figured out, if you are not using the system to start the car (iPhone for me), they the cars normal security/remotes work fine. When I start the car via my phone, I need to open the door with their remote.

Not perfect, but if that is the only issue, I am good with it.

Starting the car, opening the truck, doors, etc. work fine. The iPhone app takes about 5 - 7 seconds when you open it to each time to log into their system and each time you do a command, there is a slight (few second delay) because it is basically txt'ing your car with the command.

I had one put on my wife's new MDX last week and started her car while in China (we are in Utah), pretty cool.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Please forwrd info

Originally Posted by billyp7718
I HAVE A 2010 AUDI A6 WITH THE SMART KEY. COULD YOU PLEASE FORWARD ANY INFO AS WHAT SYSTEM I NEED TO INSTALL. ALSO I HAD A VIPER ALARM IN MY LAST A6, CAN I GET ANY CREDIT FOR IT TOWARDS A NEWER MODEL? P.S. LAST I HEARD THEY WHERE WAITING FOR SOME NEW MODULE TO COME OUT. IS THIS SO?

Last edited by oakkraa; 11-17-2012 at 12:48 PM.