A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

wheel well screws holding rear bumper - need part #

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Default wheel well screws holding rear bumper - need part #

hi guys,

so I went to remove my rear bumper, so check out one of the possible defective parking sensors, and noticed that I only had 1 screw holding the rear bumper in place!

There are supposed to be 3 per side, in the wheel well. Can someone tell me what the size or part number is for the screws so i can go get 5 replacements? thanks
Old 02-17-2013, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

http://parts.audiofalexandria.com/pr...8%252d01).html
Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
hi guys,

so I went to remove my rear bumper, so check out one of the possible defective parking sensors, and noticed that I only had 1 screw holding the rear bumper in place!

There are supposed to be 3 per side, in the wheel well. Can someone tell me what the size or part number is for the screws so i can go get 5 replacements? thanks

What screws ?

Attachment points

<TABLE class="cc abstand-standard erlaeutrg-explo"><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-nummer>1 - </TD><TD>Cover</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-explo abstand-explo "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>– </TD><TD>To remove, unscrew all nuts and bolts and detach cover towards rear.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc abstand-standard erlaeutrg-explo"><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-nummer>2 - </TD><TD>Self-tapping screw</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-explo abstand-explo "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>q </TD><TD>1 Nm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc abstand-standard erlaeutrg-explo"><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-nummer>3 - </TD><TD>Self-tapping screw</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-explo abstand-explo "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>q </TD><TD>1 Nm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc abstand-standard erlaeutrg-explo"><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-nummer>4 - </TD><TD>Cap nut</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-explo abstand-explo "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>q </TD><TD>4 Nm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc abstand-standard erlaeutrg-explo"><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-nummer>5 - </TD><TD>Nut with washer</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-explo abstand-explo "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>q </TD><TD>4 Nm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc abstand-standard erlaeutrg-explo"><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-nummer>6 - </TD><TD>Guide</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc abstand-standard erlaeutrg-explo"><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-nummer>7 - </TD><TD>Grommet</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-explo abstand-explo "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>– </TD><TD>Grommets must be pushed onto studs before installing cover.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 02-17-2013, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

thanks for the blowout picture. it's the screws labeled #3. there are 3 of those on each side of the rear bumper
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
hi guys,

I suggest that you remove the one remaining screw, take it to your local parts shop and ask them for five like it.