A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Where to get MMI cd's?

Old 08-27-2009, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get MMI cd's?

Hello all,

After an hour of searching and reading, I really don't see a place to buy or get the Cd's. Can someone please point me to a link were these can be purchased or gotten?

Thanks for your time and help,

Nick
Old 08-27-2009, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think I saw a few posts which said that they got it from genuineaudiparts.com - you can do a keyword search there - but I think there is a thread which contains the part number for the 2 CD's as well. Worst case, call them and ask for the CD's.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get them at Audi and many people have had success installing them themselfs but many have ruined the install and had basically wiped out the OS..unless you really have an issue..you don't gain anything by upgrading versions and you can actually lose some features upgrading believe it or not..have you ever upgraded OS on a computer..then you know. Exactly what is it that requires a MMI update..IMO, the C6 usually doesn't need it unless it has failed. Upgrading SW is not always the smart thing to do when everything is working..I had that happen just recently with Adobe.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mystrodo
You can get them at Audi and many people have had success installing them themselfs but many have ruined the install and had basically wiped out the OS..unless you really have an issue..you don't gain anything by upgrading versions and you can actually lose some features upgrading believe it or not..have you ever upgraded OS on a computer..then you know. Exactly what is it that requires a MMI update..IMO, the C6 usually doesn't need it unless it has failed. Upgrading SW is not always the smart thing to do when everything is working..I had that happen just recently with Adobe.
I agree. I bought the two update cds required but haven't bothered to install and probably won't. But if u must have genuinevwaudiparts have them. The part numbers are

Look at this link first if you decide to do it:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2607361
Old 08-28-2009, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mystrodo
Hmm, sorry, I'm a network engineer, so upgrade OSes and firmware's is my life. So i disagree with you. If there was no reason for updating (or upgrading). Then Audi would not release new versions (support problems cost companies money), and that would not be two of the three stickies in this forum along. Plus, HOW can you say that, Look how many versions that have release me along going from 1190 to 4140. The advantages and higher then the disadvantages. The BIGGEST alone, that annoying warning message when you start the car.

Adobe is not a car!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by r1racer
I agree. I bought the two update cds required but haven't bothered to install and probably won't. But if u must have genuinevwaudiparts have them. The part numbers are

Look at this link first if you decide to do it:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2607361
Did you order from genuinevwaudiparts? Moreover, if you are not going to use them, then I will buy them off you?

PM if you would like to sell.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

If the current MMI software is 33.6 or higher, and the system is stable, do not bother to upgrade the software because the differences are minimal. If the software is less than 33.6 then do the upgrade because the updates are significant, especially with the telephone operations.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickmind
Did you order from genuinevwaudiparts? Moreover, if you are not going to use them, then I will buy them off you?

PM if you would like to sell.
Yes, I got them fron genuineaudiparts.com. They are only 5 bucks each. If you can't find them on the website email them letting them know you need these two CD's asuming your version is lower than 33.? something.

4F0 906 961 AB
4L0 906 961 H

My reasoning for not upgrading is I don't want to buy a newer nav cd as my current version is 4.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dumb question.... how do you find the version of the MMI?
Old 08-29-2009, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lemeux
Dumb question.... how do you find the version of the MMI?
Press the car button, then you will see Version on the bottom right button. Then Press that button. That will give you the version information.

Nick

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where to get MMI cd's?