A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Where to get MMI cd's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I also have an A6 2005, I'll buy your disk from you...

Originally Posted by Nickmind
Hey all,
Thanks for your help, I just finished the upgrade a minute ago. For me on an 2006 A6 took over two hours. The First Disk has to upgrade the DSP in two stages (very common for firmware on computers). My system told me that the "DSP was not OK" on the first time updating. (don't get scared) That is why you have to run the First disk twice (if update from 1190). If I am not mistaken, I believe that is the shifting program.

After that first disk is done, i was at 3360 (33.6.0). The second disk seems like feature upgrades mostly. MMI entertainment mostly.

All and all, very painless. BTW, I did have a 2 amp battery charger around, hooked it up and running the updates.

Special Thanks to scooter80, you are the man. And I owe you.
Hello,
I've always wanted to upgrade my MMI, but too busy. I would like to know if I could either buy your disks from you and if you could give me pointers on how to upgrade it...I'm from San Diego also. Where did you buy 2 amp battery charger? If you could, hit me up amnierras@msn.com or 619-623-4595. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just did mine today... everything was smooth. Noticed the updates made, but unfortunately i still cant see my contact from my nokia N85 phone.

Send me a PM on who wants this disk for cheap.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just did the update, would not have dared without the information on this board. Thanks! Each CD took a little over an hour and each had to be run twice. Now no more lawyer screen and no more battery indicator- other than that everything looks the same.

Originally Posted by uszbxt8
-when volume button is pressed to turn MMI off, the same Audi MMI screen comes on and stays on all the time. cool...
I did not notice this behavior- would have preferred it, but when I press the volume button, it just mutes the volume but whatever was on the screen stays there (as it did before the update).

Anyway, I will be happy to help someone else out and let these CDs go cheap. PM if interested.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you have to press the volume button for a couple seconds to get the Audi screen to appear.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by uszbxt8
I just did the update without the battery charger... Everything was fine. I turned the interior light off, got the CD's to run and went inside the house. Came back out in 80 minunets or so, the first CD looked like it got stuck at app 4/5 and progress 26%. I stopped the app (it asked me if I was sure as the "device could be damaged"). I stopped it, rebooted the MMI and ran the update again. This time 2 minutes. Pulled the CD out and ran the second one. Took about 80 min as well.

So far I noticed the following changes:

-no lawyer screen when starting. Instead there is a nice Audi MMI screen
-when volume button is pressed to turn MMI off, the same Audi MMI screen comes on and stays on all the time. cool...
-my blackberry 8820 now has full functionality with the car's bluetooth. I can see all missed calls, dialed calls, all phonebook! BEST
-surround function sticks
-Altitude appeared in the Nav, however unless is really flat here (NW burbs of Chicago, it keeps saying 620 ft...
-battery level feature is gone. Don't like that.

I have the CDs I can give out for free (I wish someone did this for me).
Like I said I am in the NW Suburbs of Chicago. I do not have time to mail them. I will be driving to Miami on Sunday and Monday Sept 13 and 14. If you are in the way I will be more than happy to meet you by the interstate and give you the CDs. I will pass through Indianapolis,Louisville, Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, Macon, Valdosta, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami.

PM me if interested. Part numbers: 4F0 906 961 AB and 4L0 906 961 H
hi if this is the 3360 upgrade cd<s i would be more then happy to take them
you may send me an email at gaetan.perron27@gmail.com or call me at 514-815-4497
Old 10-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What version are you coming from? You can get the CD's of a thepritatebay pretty easily. Thats what I did, I did have one fail, it was for the phone bluetooth, which I never plan to use so I didn't care.

Originally Posted by gate2727
hi if this is the 3360 upgrade cd<s i would be more then happy to take them
you may send me an email at gaetan.perron27@gmail.com or call me at 514-815-4497
Old 10-07-2017, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Typical disclaimer _ I will not be responsible for what happens using this information!

Here's the deal, most of the operating systems today, can not deal with the coding on the image files for this upgrade. You will need to install something like image burn. to access the files.

PM Me for a link to the needed file and I will share them with you. It took hours of research to figure out what was up with this, and I have plenty of IT experience. Evey file I downloaded was reporting corrupt. I knew that could not be the case, and this turned out to be the solution. I should probably get something pinned or at least start a new thread anyway. I will be working on the car for a bit, so if I do not respond right away, you can find the software someplace on the web.

Edit_______________

these downloads will work
https://a6retrofit.com/blog/2015/01/...6-10-americas/

With this software
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=Download

at least on my windows 8 laptop Also, it would be best to use CD-R media and burn at a slower speed, if you have problesm

Last edited by sswari; 10-07-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default just updated mine this weekend

I purchased this kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Do-it-yours...53.m2749.l2649

Very detailed instructions with pictures. All in all 90 min from start to finish. No hiccups. Even updated my navigation maps. I'd never tried to update the MMI prior to this, but I can't imagine it gets any easier than using this kit. Highly recommended.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by psychobabble
I purchased this kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Do-it-yours...53.m2749.l2649

Very detailed instructions with pictures. All in all 90 min from start to finish. No hiccups. Even updated my navigation maps. I'd never tried to update the MMI prior to this, but I can't imagine it gets any easier than using this kit. Highly recommended.
Why not buy genuine from the source for less? https://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/i...&siteid=214407
Old 11-20-2017, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raj99
Why not buy genuine from the source for less? https://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/i...&siteid=214407
Yeah I found that one, but the kit from ebay has very comprehensive instructions that come with it. The seller also offers some pretty nice customer service. He includes a page detailing potential post installation issues. If you have any, he will send instructions on how to fix them free of charge. He also guarantees the disks will load. I felt this bit of insurance justified the slightly higher cost since I'd never messed with the MMI much.