2012 Audi A7 - After Fuel Pump Recall Issue - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A7 / S7 / RS 7 > A7
Reload this Page > 2012 Audi A7 - After Fuel Pump Recall Issue
Notices
A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2012 Audi A7 - After Fuel Pump Recall Issue

Reply

 
 
Old 04-20-2017, 06:21 AM
  #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Default 2012 Audi A7 - After Fuel Pump Recall Issue

I took my 2012 Audi A7 in for a fuel pump/hose recall replacement. I have received the following code 3 times now after the replacement: P2539 Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor Circuit. I think this is a direct result of the recall work that was done. What are your thoughts?
merryjuevos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:34 AM
  #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
fkaufman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 840
Default

Originally Posted by merryjuevos View Post
I took my 2012 Audi A7 in for a fuel pump/hose recall replacement. I have received the following code 3 times now after the replacement: P2539 Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor Circuit. I think this is a direct result of the recall work that was done. What are your thoughts?
Take it back and get them to fix it!
fkaufman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:04 AM
  #3
AudiWorld Super User
 
tenspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Honeoye New York USA
Posts: 3,778
Default

Originally Posted by merryjuevos View Post
I think this is a direct result of the recall work that was done. What are your thoughts?
Take it back and tell them you have a CEL. Let them figure it out.
-------
P2539 AUDI - Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor Circuit

Possible causes
Low fuel level
Faulty Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor
Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor harness is open or shorted
Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor circuit poor electrical connection

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p2539_audi.html
tenspeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:05 AM
  #4
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 48
Default

I have a somewhat similar issue. I've got a 2012 A7 and had the recall service performed about three weeks ago. Ever since then the fuel gauge has been unreliable. Basically, it will get "stuck" at a certain reading for a day or two, and then suddenly drop - say from 3/4 of a tank to 1/4. Or I'll get a full tank of gas and the gauge will only read 2/3.

I took it back to my sad excuse for dealership service department (Audi Nashville) and they confirmed that there's a sensor that's sending bad data. However, they insist - INSIST - that it's purely a coincidence that the issue showed up at the precise time that they were performing the service. But hey, for another $500 they'd be more than happy to fix it!

I'm somewhat less than convinced that the two events are as unrelated as they claim, but I'm also not inclined to throw more money their way. (They've got a long track record of "accidentally" breaking things every time I leave my car with them, so my trust level is extremely low.) Anyway, does anyone else think it might not be unreasonable to assume that the fuel level sensor could have been damaged during the pump servicing portion of the recall work?
tcoble33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:48 AM
  #5
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Default

I'm at the Audi dealership now. They're trying to charge me a $159 diagnostic fee! BUT if they determine it is something they did, they won't charge me. I hate coming to this dealership. (Audi - Larson - Tacoma, WA). Updates to follow.
merryjuevos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 AM
  #6
AudiWorld Member
 
SpectreGadget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by tcoble33 View Post
I have a somewhat similar issue. I've got a 2012 A7 and had the recall service performed about three weeks ago. Ever since then the fuel gauge has been unreliable. Basically, it will get "stuck" at a certain reading for a day or two, and then suddenly drop - say from 3/4 of a tank to 1/4. Or I'll get a full tank of gas and the gauge will only read 2/3.

I took it back to my sad excuse for dealership service department (Audi Nashville) and they confirmed that there's a sensor that's sending bad data. However, they insist - INSIST - that it's purely a coincidence that the issue showed up at the precise time that they were performing the service. But hey, for another $500 they'd be more than happy to fix it!

I'm somewhat less than convinced that the two events are as unrelated as they claim, but I'm also not inclined to throw more money their way. (They've got a long track record of "accidentally" breaking things every time I leave my car with them, so my trust level is extremely low.) Anyway, does anyone else think it might not be unreasonable to assume that the fuel level sensor could have been damaged during the pump servicing portion of the recall work?
Sounds like it is time to find a good independent motorsports shop that specializes in German cars.
SpectreGadget is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:52 PM
  #7
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 48
Default

Yep, done. The only reason I let these guys touch my car again was to have the warranty work done by an authorized Audi agent. Now I'm washing my hands of them.
tcoble33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:22 AM
  #8
AudiWorld Member
 
SpectreGadget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 104
Default

I still need to take mine in, but I'm a little concerned based on everyone's experience. We have three Audi dealerships in north Atlanta, but the closest one to me sucks. Might bight the bullet and take it to one of the better ones and cross my fingers.
SpectreGadget is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:29 PM
  #9
AudiWorld Super User
 
tenspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Honeoye New York USA
Posts: 3,778
Default

Originally Posted by SpectreGadget View Post
I still need to take mine in, but I'm a little concerned based on everyone's experience. We have three Audi dealerships in north Atlanta, but the closest one to me sucks. Might bight the bullet and take it to one of the better ones and cross my fingers.
I didn't have any problem with the new fuel pump recall (24BZ). I went in with a quarter tank of gas.

I also told them that I didn't want the 24CO Emissions Recall.
tenspeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:13 PM
  #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
aquarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Eastside, WA
Posts: 1,127
Default

What needs to be done for the 24CO Emissions Recall and we can reject that by wish?

Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
I didn't have any problem with the new fuel pump recall (24BZ). I went in with a quarter tank of gas.

I also told them that I didn't want the 24CO Emissions Recall.
aquarian is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
maximusx360
Parts For Sale
7
01-07-2017 12:05 PM
chriscarrionA5
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8)
0
10-09-2016 06:43 PM
Curated Content Editor
Audi News Forum
1
10-08-2016 08:21 AM
teeko28
A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
0
09-25-2016 06:29 AM
Dantley
A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
12
01-16-1999 07:48 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:44 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: