A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2012 Audi A7 - After Fuel Pump Recall Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Audi A7 - After Fuel Pump Recall Issue

I took my 2012 Audi A7 in for a fuel pump/hose recall replacement. I have received the following code 3 times now after the replacement: P2539 Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor Circuit. I think this is a direct result of the recall work that was done. What are your thoughts?
Old 04-20-2017, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by merryjuevos
I took my 2012 Audi A7 in for a fuel pump/hose recall replacement. I have received the following code 3 times now after the replacement: P2539 Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor Circuit. I think this is a direct result of the recall work that was done. What are your thoughts?
Take it back and get them to fix it!
Old 04-20-2017, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by merryjuevos
I think this is a direct result of the recall work that was done. What are your thoughts?
Take it back and tell them you have a CEL. Let them figure it out.
-------
P2539 AUDI - Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor Circuit

Possible causes
Low fuel level
Faulty Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor
Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor harness is open or shorted
Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor circuit poor electrical connection

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p2539_audi.html
Old 04-21-2017, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a somewhat similar issue. I've got a 2012 A7 and had the recall service performed about three weeks ago. Ever since then the fuel gauge has been unreliable. Basically, it will get "stuck" at a certain reading for a day or two, and then suddenly drop - say from 3/4 of a tank to 1/4. Or I'll get a full tank of gas and the gauge will only read 2/3.

I took it back to my sad excuse for dealership service department (Audi Nashville) and they confirmed that there's a sensor that's sending bad data. However, they insist - INSIST - that it's purely a coincidence that the issue showed up at the precise time that they were performing the service. But hey, for another $500 they'd be more than happy to fix it!

I'm somewhat less than convinced that the two events are as unrelated as they claim, but I'm also not inclined to throw more money their way. (They've got a long track record of "accidentally" breaking things every time I leave my car with them, so my trust level is extremely low.) Anyway, does anyone else think it might not be unreasonable to assume that the fuel level sensor could have been damaged during the pump servicing portion of the recall work?
Old 04-21-2017, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm at the Audi dealership now. They're trying to charge me a $159 diagnostic fee! BUT if they determine it is something they did, they won't charge me. I hate coming to this dealership. (Audi - Larson - Tacoma, WA). Updates to follow.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tcoble33
I have a somewhat similar issue. I've got a 2012 A7 and had the recall service performed about three weeks ago. Ever since then the fuel gauge has been unreliable. Basically, it will get "stuck" at a certain reading for a day or two, and then suddenly drop - say from 3/4 of a tank to 1/4. Or I'll get a full tank of gas and the gauge will only read 2/3.

I took it back to my sad excuse for dealership service department (Audi Nashville) and they confirmed that there's a sensor that's sending bad data. However, they insist - INSIST - that it's purely a coincidence that the issue showed up at the precise time that they were performing the service. But hey, for another $500 they'd be more than happy to fix it!

I'm somewhat less than convinced that the two events are as unrelated as they claim, but I'm also not inclined to throw more money their way. (They've got a long track record of "accidentally" breaking things every time I leave my car with them, so my trust level is extremely low.) Anyway, does anyone else think it might not be unreasonable to assume that the fuel level sensor could have been damaged during the pump servicing portion of the recall work?
Sounds like it is time to find a good independent motorsports shop that specializes in German cars.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, done. The only reason I let these guys touch my car again was to have the warranty work done by an authorized Audi agent. Now I'm washing my hands of them.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:22 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I still need to take mine in, but I'm a little concerned based on everyone's experience. We have three Audi dealerships in north Atlanta, but the closest one to me sucks. Might bight the bullet and take it to one of the better ones and cross my fingers.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SpectreGadget
I still need to take mine in, but I'm a little concerned based on everyone's experience. We have three Audi dealerships in north Atlanta, but the closest one to me sucks. Might bight the bullet and take it to one of the better ones and cross my fingers.
I didn't have any problem with the new fuel pump recall (24BZ). I went in with a quarter tank of gas.

I also told them that I didn't want the 24CO Emissions Recall.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

What needs to be done for the 24CO Emissions Recall and we can reject that by wish?

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I didn't have any problem with the new fuel pump recall (24BZ). I went in with a quarter tank of gas.

I also told them that I didn't want the 24CO Emissions Recall.

Quick Reply: 2012 Audi A7 - After Fuel Pump Recall Issue