A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2012 Audi A7 - After Fuel Pump Recall Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian
What needs to be done for the 24CO Emissions Recall and we can reject that by wish?
The notice was in a green striped envelope and labeled "Important Emissions Recall Information". The letter stated that the diagnostic thresholds for the catalytic converters were programmed too tightly. The solution was to reprogram the ECU.

I read other threads saying that some people who had the recall performed were experiencing lower engine power and lower MPG's. I haven't seen a CEL caused by the catalytic converters so I declined the offer. If I ever have the problem crop up, I can have the ECU flashed at that time.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:54 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I didn't have any problem with the new fuel pump recall (24BZ). I went in with a quarter tank of gas.

I also told them that I didn't want the 24CO Emissions Recall.
Thanks, tenspeed. I will probably schedule it soon. I did have the emissions recall done without any problems, but then put the EPL tune on it right after, so... not much use I suppose.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I remember seeing the postcard sometime ago before throwing that away, lol. So it's an ECU update which is supposed to reduce the emissions, which will most likely will have some impacts on HP.

The notice was in a green striped envelope and labeled "Important Emissions Recall Information". The letter stated that the diagnostic thresholds for the catalytic converters were programmed too tightly. The solution was to reprogram the ECU.

I read other threads saying that some people who had the recall performed were experiencing lower engine power and lower MPG's. I haven't seen a CEL caused by the catalytic converters so I declined the offer. If I ever have the problem crop up, I can have the ECU flashed at that time.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SpectreGadget
Thanks, tenspeed. I will probably schedule it soon. I did have the emissions recall done without any problems, but then put the EPL tune on it right after, so... not much use I suppose.
The emissions recall was part of the justification for us to get an EPL tune. Got the software, noted the ECU version, took it in for the fuel pump recall, checked the version again and then flashed the ECU for the first time.

Did EPL say anything about your ECU software version after the emissions recall update?
Old 04-24-2017, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I remember seeing the postcard sometime ago before throwing that away, lol. So it's an ECU update which is supposed to reduce the emissions, which will most likely will have some impacts on HP.
That was my thought too. Leave well enough alone. I haven't seen any threads about false catalytic converter trouble codes on the forums.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:21 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The emissions recall was part of the justification for us to get an EPL tune. Got the software, noted the ECU version, took it in for the fuel pump recall, checked the version again and then flashed the ECU for the first time.

Did EPL say anything about your ECU software version after the emissions recall update?
I asked Chris and he said they incorporated the fix into their tune. Not sure that's the case, as I've been getting codes for 'underperforming catalytic convertor'. Need to send that to him and see what he thinks.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Did my recall a month ago and now it's leaking gasoline!!!!! It's literally dripping on my driveway now while I am waiting for the Roadside Assistance to pick it up.

Ridiculous!
Old 07-21-2017, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Did my recall a month ago and now it's leaking gasoline!!!!! It's literally dripping on my driveway now while I am waiting for the Roadside Assistance to pick it up.
Part of the Fuel pump recall was to replace the black fuel line from the fire wall to the high-pressure fuel pump located on the passenger side of the engine. When I was replacing the spark plugs, I noticed a bracket was loose. Upon closer examination, I found one nut missing and the remaining nut was loose.

The replaced fuel line in the upper left corner of this shot. Looks like the black bracket was removed for access. The air intake from grill has to be removed to get a good look at it.

After the missing nut was replaced and everything else nearby was checked. Things like this remind me why I prefer to do my own maintenance.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a similar event after the local Audi dealer performed the fuel line recall last week. The car needed a High Pressure Fuel Pump (dealer insisted it was not related to the recall done), then, after replacing the pump ($1100), it started cutting off after its warm up cycle (5 mins or so) and does not start back up until later. Dealer said the car "thinks" it has too much fuel in its system so it cuts off fuel supply system, which cuts the car off. No direct fixes offered since no codes were in the car... TBC...
Old 06-11-2018, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also received the recall letter... has anyone had an issue with the said defective line before replacement? after seeing this post im hesitant in bringing my sled into the dealer... dont need headaches.. im on the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" train....

Quick Reply: 2012 Audi A7 - After Fuel Pump Recall Issue