A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2012 Audi A7 headlights issue - inside haze/stress cracks

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Audi A7 headlights issue - inside haze/stress cracks

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, and while i looked around for various posts, i couldn't really find an answer to my problem, for which i decided to post it here.

I own an 2012 Audi A7 where the inside lens appear to have a hazy stress cracks. While i understand that the fastest solution would be to simply replace those headlights, i was wondering if anyone attempted to open these headlights and have those lens worked one, or simple have the lens replaced? I had prior experience opening headlamps, but this one is new to me as far as dealing with audi headlight lenses. The seal seem to be easy to work with, but i had found no info about reconditioning inside and outside audi a7 lenses.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2018, 11:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boghy

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, and while i looked around for various posts, i couldn't really find an answer to my problem, for which i decided to post it here.

I own an 2012 Audi A7 where the inside lens appear to have a hazy stress cracks. While i understand that the fastest solution would be to simply replace those headlights, i was wondering if anyone attempted to open these headlights and have those lens worked one, or simple have the lens replaced? I had prior experience opening headlamps, but this one is new to me as far as dealing with audi headlight lenses. The seal seem to be easy to work with, but i had found no info about reconditioning inside and outside audi a7 lenses.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi, my A7 headlights had auto leveling issue in
both headlight motors were damaged, have had opened them in special workshop here in
my country, i have seen there painted lens in gloss black fitted very beautiful , here
is a link and photos opening A6 headlight hope it will give you something, but its in russian
language. https://www.drive2.ru/o/b/504815476199654358/