A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2015 Model Year Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 06:59 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If you are driving with that fifth passenger in back w/o a seat belt, be sure to lean to the left if you come to a sudden stop.
It is just for small trips around town, highway is another story. I am not saying is the right thing to do, and I am not intending to have a fifth passenger on a regular basis, I am not the only who does it, not many people fasten the seatbelt in the back, look around in a red light or when you take a cab. Just trying to replace that plastic thing (that is useless because is not a nice center console like in the A8 ) with something "more" practical
Old 02-13-2014, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Regarding that I was wondering if I can change the center plastic thing for a padded one...
Aquarian's thread has a picture of the rear seat. It shouldn't be too hard to add the leather insert.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2840558

There are three or four sellers on eBay that are parting out A7's. They don't list odd items so you have to find them by searching for more common parts such as calipers, headlights, tail lights, etc.. Ask them if they have the three person rear seat.

Name:  rearseat_zps93ec5b37.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  47.3 KB
Old 02-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Aquarian's thread has a picture of the rear seat. It shouldn't be too hard to add the leather insert.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2840558

There are three or four sellers on eBay that are parting out A7's. They don't list odd items so you have to find them by searching for more common parts such as calipers, headlights, tail lights, etc.. Ask them if they have the three person rear seat.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2014, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to a shop about this, but nobody wants to touch modifications that are seat-belt related. Having worked in the auto insurance world before - I can also say that modifying a 4-car vehicle to be a 5-car vehicle can result in denied claims (especially for liability). For peace of mind, I'd rather just upgrade to a car that has the 5 seats there already. Still debating between the 2015 A7 & Porsche Macan though.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

When it comes to seat belts, no one rides in my car without them being fastened, period. I'm responsible for their safety.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by feralc
Regarding that I was wondering if I can change the center plastic thing for a padded one i
I don't care about a 5th passenger - but I would like to see a nice leather /wood center console in the back rather than the ugly plastic one they use.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by snagitseven
When it comes to seat belts, no one rides in my car without them being fastened, period. I'm responsible for their safety.
Ok now picture this
You are in NYC and you are late for a really important dinner (anniversary and wife is REALLY MAD and waiting for you) and you stop a cab and get in the back and tell the guy where you are going (5 blocks away) and the cab driver doesn't move, when you ask the guy to go he tells you "sir I am not moving until you fasten your seatbelt I am responsible for your safety"
Would you
1 tell the driver it is your business if you want to put the seatbelt on or not?
2 thank the driver for reminding you of that imminent deadly hazard?
3 (bonus answer) that will never happen because even you are in a rush and face an ugly and slow death in hands of your mad wife, you would put the seatbelt on as soon as you get in the back of the car (tip: this is the right answer even if it is not true)

Last edited by feralc; 02-13-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Seriously? My car is not a public conveyance for hire. I've experienced first hand the result of a passenger not having their seatbelt fastened in an accident where a car pulled out in front of me and it wasn't pretty. Fortunately, the emergency room wasn't far away and it only took 12 stitches to close his head wound from hitting the windshield from the rear seat. You want to ride in my car, you fasten your seat belt. Simple as that. Others are free to waive that requirement in theirs.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

April allocation should be 2015 orders for early Aug delivery. There's always a little bit of variance in availability of each model.

Dealers get their allocation towards the latter part of the month.