AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/)
-   -   2016 Audi A7 transmission hesitation/jerking (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/2016-audi-a7-transmission-hesitation-jerking-2954952/)

Baloo588 08-05-2018 11:08 AM

2016 Audi A7 transmission hesitation/jerking

I have 42500 miles on my 2016 A7 and no issues so far. Lately in the past few weeks my transmission jerks when accelerating moderately to heavily. It also jerks when I let go the acceleration pedal for a brief moment and feels like a lurch or judder when it downshfits a gear or two. This is all in regular driving mode not sports. It never used to be like this before. I have the settings on auto in the MMI for the transmission and it always was shifting smoothly when accelerating and slowing down. It seems like the ECU is not responding properly between the acceleration pedal and the transmission as if there is some delay or miscalculation.... It seems to be getting noticeable now. Anyone have or had this issue before? Is there a TSB? I think the unit needs to be reporgrammed or reflashed.. Or something else is wrong..

chicagoA6 08-05-2018 01:09 PM

Both my 2012 and 2015 A7s did this on occasion. Going on and off accelerator quickly at low speeds seemed to be the cause. However, it was only once every couple weeks and never got worse or more frequent.

I suspect you are still under warranty so it might be good to take the car in to the dealer and have it looked at. They may not find anything, but at least you have the problem on record in case it develops into something worse

tuscani66 08-05-2018 06:28 PM

I have the same problem, going to Audi tomorrow to have mine looked at; hoping its a simple fix but it also happens occasionally when I immediately start the car as well (like an engagement issue).

orangeokie 08-05-2018 08:25 PM

are those cars gas or TDI?

bigmackenz 08-06-2018 07:01 AM

Ive had my 14' TDI for 3 months or so now. It does this as well. First diesel engine, so i dont know if that has something to do with it. But really notice at low speeds, when i take my foot off of the accelerator, it REALLY lets off. But, like i said, dont know if this is just how diesels are or if i should get it checked out.

Baloo588 08-06-2018 07:13 AM

I have the 3.0T gas engine. This feeling is definitely not normal and I feel it occasionally if not all the time. Going to have dealer look at this.

tuscani66 08-06-2018 05:20 PM

Dropped mine off to the dealer today, we could not replicate it in the parking lot but luckily I gave them a recording of when it did it last night. Will keep you guys posted and good luck at the dealer Baloo!

Baloo588 08-06-2018 07:45 PM

Ok keep me posted! I can easily replicate it at low speed and coasting in traffic more so the tech should definitely feel mines.

tuscani66 08-07-2018 09:10 AM

Dealer just called me, the shaking/jerk motion might be caused by clutch engagnement; the technician just performed a "clutch adaptation" which is hydrolic and mechanical and was informed that they'll do a series of drives to ensure it has smooth out.

Also I was experiencing vibrations at idle, they found the main motor mount, which is also hydraulic, was leaking/soft and might be the cause of the slight shift of motor/trans that would contribute to the clutch engagement scenario. They're performing brake bleed and 45k (even though i'm at 41k) servicing while they have it.

Hopefully it sorts out!

Baloo588 08-07-2018 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by tuscani66 (Post 25191836)
Dealer just called me, the shaking/jerk motion might be caused by clutch engagnement; the technician just performed a "clutch adaptation" which is hydrolic and mechanical and was informed that they'll do a series of drives to ensure it has smooth out.

Also I was experiencing vibrations at idle, they found the main motor mount, which is also hydraulic, was leaking/soft and might be the cause of the slight shift of motor/trans that would contribute to the clutch engagement scenario. They're performing brake bleed and 45k (even though i'm at 41k) servicing while they have it.

Hopefully it sorts out!

Yeah that sounds like it! Hope it smoothens out the acceleration etc. Let me know. I have the facelift A7 so we have better motor mounts. The earlier A7s have been known to have vibraiton at idle and bad motor mounts.