A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2017 A7 Heads Up Display

Old 06-23-2017, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 A7 Heads Up Display

Does anyone have a heads up display (HUD) and it shows the car's speed and the speed limit of the road you are on? I have searched every where but cannot find the answer. Mine is only showing the MPH. It would be much better if it also showed the speed limit.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DavidLA7
Does anyone have a heads up display (HUD) and it shows the car's speed and the speed limit of the road you are on? I have searched every where but cannot find the answer. Mine is only showing the MPH. It would be much better if it also showed the speed limit.
According to the manual, showing the speed limit of the road a not a feature for the heads up display.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

The HUD only shows the speed you are traveling with. The only place the speed limit visible is on the pop-up LCD screen when the map is displayed. It is near the lower right corner. And even there it is not always displayed, some roads do and some don't.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I believe only the euro spec A7s have the speed limit shown on the HUD. I only see the MPH and directions. I also see lap timer with green to red bars when I have it set up with my obedeleven. Otherwise I wish they showed the speed limit on that road. It shows it on my navigation with google maps... Oh well..
Old 06-24-2017, 04:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I am just coming out of a BMW 4 series and have to say I am a little disappointed in Audi technology in comparison. The HUD lacking the posted speed limit, the outside cameras are not nearly as crisp as the BMW's and the navigation display is not as attractive unless you turn on Google Maps.

What strikes me as odd is that the BMW was about $22k less than the A7. Just was not expecting to go backwards on the technology aspect.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh yea...one more rant. The automatic start/stop function cannot be permanently turned off. Have to turn it off each time the A7 is started
Old 06-24-2017, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Solution: Buy a obdeleven device and shut off the auto start/stop. Problem solved....

https://obdeleven.com
Old 06-24-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So I am just coming out of a BMW 4 series and have to say I am a little disappointed in Audi technology in comparison. The HUD lacking the posted speed limit, the outside cameras are not nearly as crisp as the BMW's and the navigation display is not as attractive unless you turn on Google Maps.

What strikes me as odd is that the BMW was about $22k less than the A7. Just was not expecting to go backwards on the technology aspect.
I find my 2015 X5d to be way behind in the navigation aspect as it doesn't have google maps nor has the central 3D map cluster next to my speedo. The traffic system on the BMW isn't great. Also it doesnt have android auto or car play nor has a good IDrive system compared to the MMI.

Also I dont like the fact you have to double press the start stop button to turn off everything whereas the Audi you can just open the door after turning off engine to shut down the system. I was checking out the new Q7 and wow that technology is way ahead of the BMW X5 and the A7 since its a new generation. IN general Audi technology surpasses BMW... MY A6 has surround cameras and yes I agree its not as crisp as the BMW cameras but dont forget the A6 and A7 came out 5-6 years ago and yet the technology is still not bad. The new generation A6 and A7 will be revealed this summer. Otherwise I am very happy with my A7. I just wish BMW would beef up their steering and suspension feel as their newer cars feel bit loose and numb.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Baloo588
Solution: Buy a obdeleven device and shut off the auto start/stop. Problem solved....

https://obdeleven.com
Great idea...ordered
Old 06-25-2017, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great idea...ordered
Keep me posted. I did lap timer, euro parking lights, turned off heated seat count down timer from 3 to 2 to 1, turned on needle sweep, made LED daytime lights a bit brighter, turned on rear LED lights with daylights, made heated steering wheel warmer to 38 celsius. So effortless to do on the Audi. I had such frustrating time doing this on my BMWs in the past.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 A7 Heads Up Display