A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2017 A7 Heads Up Display

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can the dynamic turn signals be activated with this device?
Old 06-26-2017, 12:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Baloo588
Keep me posted. I did lap timer, euro parking lights, turned off heated seat count down timer from 3 to 2 to 1, turned on needle sweep, made LED daytime lights a bit brighter, turned on rear LED lights with daylights, made heated steering wheel warmer to 38 celsius. So effortless to do on the Audi. I had such frustrating time doing this on my BMWs in the past.
I actually bought Carista. Seems the OBDeleven is for Android only.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DavidLA7
I actually bought Carista. Seems the OBDeleven is for Android only.
Yeah, upon research I came to learn the same. Does Carista offer a breakdown of the different applications it offers for the C7 platform? I'm personally not very familiar with all changes that can be done with the manipulation of VCDS or Vag codes
Old 06-26-2017, 01:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gema7
Yeah, upon research I came to learn the same. Does Carista offer a breakdown of the different applications it offers for the C7 platform? I'm personally not very familiar with all changes that can be done with the manipulation of VCDS or Vag codes
Unsure. Got it through Amazon so it should be here today or tomorrow.Mostly wanting to permanently turn off the auto Start/Stop function. Anything other changes will be just playing
Old 06-26-2017, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I am just coming out of a BMW 4 series and have to say I am a little disappointed in Audi technology in comparison. The HUD lacking the posted speed limit, the outside cameras are not nearly as crisp as the BMW's and the navigation display is not as attractive unless you turn on Google Maps.

What strikes me as odd is that the BMW was about $22k less than the A7. Just was not expecting to go backwards on the technology aspect.
Several people on the "5" forum are asking if they can turn off the posted limit in the HUD. It's in a white box and is far more prominent than the actual speed, and to some distracting.

I test drove one the other day. They make a good point, but I'm pretty sure I would get use to it very quickly.

In general, the Audi HUD is dissapointing how little it shows. And the distance to turn "bar graph" is pathetic.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I can answer the question on Carista. No! It shows a lot of options that have nothing to do with the A7 and it does not differentiate. In fact, I had to contact them to figure out how to program the windows and sunroof to raise and lower with the FOB. there are so many options and I tried many combinations and finally gave up and e-mailed them.

It's great and easy for disabling the start/stop though
Old 06-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Could not agree more. It is disappointing.

I'm surprised people complained about the speed limit being posted in the BMW forums though. It was so helpful and did not find it distracting at all. I'm sure it saved me a couple of specifying tickets particularly through school zones and other situations were the speed limit suddenly drops.

Originally Posted by jjsC6
Several people on the "5" forum are asking if they can turn off the posted limit in the HUD. It's in a white box and is far more prominent than the actual speed, and to some distracting.

I test drove one the other day. They make a good point, but I'm pretty sure I would get use to it very quickly.

In general, the Audi HUD is dissapointing how little it shows. And the distance to turn "bar graph" is pathetic.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jjsC6
I can answer the question on Carista. No! It shows a lot of options that have nothing to do with the A7 and it does not differentiate. In fact, I had to contact them to figure out how to program the windows and sunroof to raise and lower with the FOB. there are so many options and I tried many combinations and finally gave up and e-mailed them.

It's great and easy for disabling the start/stop though
Yup - turned off the 'stall out the car' feature. Also turned the dials on to sweep at start up which is pretty cool. But otherwise I do not see really any other fun adjustments.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can the dynamic turn signals be activated with this device?
No..you need to retrofit your tailights with new taillights with new dynamic turn modules.

Dynamic turn signals for the headlights are only available if you have the Matrix LED headlights.

Don't believe anyone in the USA has attempted to retrofit their headlights to Matrix LED yet. Its alot of $$$ and coding for the Matrix headlight retrofit.

See Alex of Europrice for parts.

Last edited by chucky0731; 07-01-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So I am just coming out of a BMW 4 series and have to say I am a little disappointed in Audi technology in comparison. The HUD lacking the posted speed limit, the outside cameras are not nearly as crisp as the BMW's and the navigation display is not as attractive unless you turn on Google Maps.

What strikes me as odd is that the BMW was about $22k less than the A7. Just was not expecting to go backwards on the technology aspect.
Maybe you should have done your homework, and maybe have bought an BMW 6 series sedan?