AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/)
-   -   A7 = mice magnet? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/a7-%3D-mice-magnet-2864816/)

aquarian 04-22-2014 06:50 PM

I believe anything you put in the engine bay would be smelled from the inside of the car, right? hmm...

fkaufman 04-23-2014 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by aquarian (Post 24562375)
I believe anything you put in the engine bay would be smelled from the inside of the car, right? hmm...

Could try one of those ultrasonic devices.

aquarian 04-23-2014 07:53 AM

Crap, just got some more crap in the engine bay this morning. Yesterday morning was fine. It's been 2 days without anything and now the mouse/mice have returned. Maybe I will try putting a couple of Fresh Cab pouches in the engine and remove them in the morning for a couple of weeks and see what happens...

aquarian 05-07-2014 09:05 AM

Update:

I have not noticed any rodent activity after I applied 3 things:

1) Rodent Defense: Spray bottle solution that contains fox urine. I sprayed that around the driveway and it smelled like sh*t
2) Fresh cab in the engine every night. I take it out in the morning.
3) Some moth balls in the engine bay every night.

It's been more than a week without any rodent activities. And luckily, I don't smell any of the stuff in the cabin.

fkaufman 05-07-2014 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by aquarian (Post 24566559)
Update:

I have not noticed any rodent activity after I applied 3 things:

1) Rodent Defense: Spray bottle solution that contains fox urine. I sprayed that around the driveway and it smelled like sh*t
2) Fresh cab in the engine every night. I take it out in the morning.
3) Some moth balls in the engine bay every night.

It's been more than a week without any rodent activities. And luckily, I don't smell any of the stuff in the cabin.

Mice are a nuisance, but that's mainly it. I was just talking to a friend in Hungary, they have a huge problem with beech martens. These cute animals get into the engine compartment at night and chew through hoses and cables. They say that a beech marten can bite through a starter motor cable with just one bite. They think that the fish oil, often contained in the cables, hoses and insulation of Japanese/Korean cars may contribute to this, but cars of all brands are attacked. What is even worse, this damage is excluded from their insurance coverage.

snagitseven 05-07-2014 01:14 PM

While mice may only be a nuisance, their droppings in quantity are nasty and can become a health issue. I know - I've been in a constant battle with them for years in my basement. No matter how hard I try to seal all the tiniest crevices, they manage to still get in.

aquarian 05-09-2014 01:44 PM

That's right. The droppings could be potentially disease causing and the mice could chew up wires - something that could be dangerous.

Anyway, I am glad that they have not returned.

Mitodad 05-13-2014 07:53 AM

Mouse Trap

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by aquarian (Post 24567328)
That's right. The droppings could be potentially disease causing and the mice could chew up wires - something that could be dangerous.

Anyway, I am glad that they have not returned.

Don't know if you tried this remedy yet. But just in case mice return and Tom can't help you, this may work.

aquarian 11-16-2014 11:48 AM

Rodents have returned as the climate got colder..... arhhh....

Someday 11-21-2014 10:20 AM

When I put the boat up for the winter, I use bounce sheets. Maybe stuff a few of them in the engine compartment. Much better smells than moth balls.