A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

UK: A7, alloy upgrade, should it get lowered or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iqubal
So... I kinda got the grill for a bargain and thus managed to fit that with some difficulty yesterday. A little undecided if I should keep the quattro sign at the bottom or not, what do you guys think?
Also, it's screaming for bigger alloys now.
Hello mate, looks like you are in the UK too... where did you get the front grill please. been looking for one but not liked any until seeing yours!

many thanks
Old 05-16-2018, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hey, it was from a company called xenonsuk, they have an eBay store as well as their own website. I bought it from eBay when eBay did that 20% discount thing for a day lol.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey, it was from a company called xenonsuk, they have an eBay store as well as their own website. I bought it from eBay when eBay did that 20% discount thing for a day lol.
oh that's great I will have a look now....

what did you do wheels and tyres wise in the end? I'm thinking 21's and H&R springs
Old 05-16-2018, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

To be honest, I have been on a bit of a budget, won’t be making any changes for a while. Now that the standard grill is on though, the stock wheels and ride height don’t bug me so much.

i think the next thing I will invest in is the dynamic indicators, they’ve come down in price recently, used to be over a grand, almost half price now.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

*now that the standard grill is off I mean
Old 05-16-2018, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yeah I know what you mean.... I need tyres soon so makes sense to do new wheels then.

Just had a look and it looks like they don't do any grills now. did you have to add the quattro bit or was that standard?
Old 05-16-2018, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You’re right, apologies, didn’t know they stopped 😓 just had a look myself and can’t seem to find them.

Yes, another thought I’ve been having to consider it when my tyres are due a change which isn’t far off really. Want to prolong it as long as possible though lol.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Grill

hi looking to upgrade my grill where did you get yours?

cheers

So... I kinda got the grill for a bargain and thus managed to fit that with some difficulty yesterday. A little undecided if I should keep the quattro sign at the bottom or not, what do you guys think?
Also, it's screaming for bigger alloys now.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by burrowstdb
hi looking to upgrade my grill where did you get yours?

cheers
hey, hope you managed to read the above and find the link to the company I bought it from. Sorry I didn’t get round to replying.

Guys, it’s that time, just had my car serviced and warned my tyres are starting to run low (2/3mm). Over 3 years on, finally time to go alloy shopping 🙊

Also, have had some pretty annoying issues. Last week my crankshaft pulley fell off 😑 Audi said it was a wear and tear issue- muppets, if that was the case they should have recommended to replace it. If you haven’t changed yours yet, look into it guys, mine hasn’t hit 80k yet and yet it eroded off. Seems to be a common problem in 3.0l diesels.
Audi would have charged roughly £360 for the part, £160ph labour for 2-4 hours. Also would have had to tow it there. I bought a new belt and crank pulley for around £260 on eurocarparts and was going to get it fitted by my local garage- £40ph labour, but had a few days wait- decided to try and fit it myself and managed to do that successfully 💪🏼

I had my fuel cap actuator fail like last year sometime. Really annoying. Audi said £180 for the part, can’t remember how many hours labour but again £160ph. I bought the part £10 off of eBay and managed to fit it myself 😑 working fine to this day 💪🏼

Lastly, a few months ago my front camera lens cracked 🙄 haven’t replaced it yet, but £220 from Audi. They don’t sell the lens separately even though the lens does twist off nicely once the part has been removed. And haven’t managed to find a third party part that will do the job. Will probably hold off on this for a while- as I mentioned above, cameras aren’t really of much help anyway.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Before

After

Got myself some 21”s! Tyre size 255/30r21 all round. Looks way better than stock but really want to lower the car now 😅

Last edited by Iqubal; 10-19-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Quick Reply: UK: A7, alloy upgrade, should it get lowered or not?