A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Hatch rattle

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mayankag
Yeah I'm certain that they didn't. I called them today and the service advisor's attitude was full of s*&t. I don't know how to prove it to them that they didn't change the oil. Any advice on how to proceed from here?
That is a difficult one because I am sure they reset the computer and put the service as complete in their records. Is there another dealer near you? I have had luck sending letters to AoA and Cc'ing the dealer. Customer satisfaction is seems to be a big thing now; I get a survey from AoA every time I take my car in. I have also written to the BBB before, but you run the risk of them becoming even more of a headache to deal with.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I'm certain that they didn't. I called them today and the service advisor's attitude was full of s*&t. I don't know how to prove it to them that they didn't change the oil. Any advice on how to proceed from here?
Why would the dealership take the chance at not changing your oil? How could a service tech miss or forget to change the oil? I'm sure it could happen, but what are the odds? Can you tell if the oil filter was changed?

You need to find a different dealership. At this point you will never trust them again.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't know how to prove it to them that they didn't change the oil. Any advice on how to proceed from here?
Send an oil sample to be analized.
Old 04-07-2024, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ray101381

​i have a 2012 A7 and i love everything about it but i've notice over mid to larger bumps i hear a clunkin or rattle in the hatch, i'm thinking it's the latch that's not holding to trunk snugly but i'm not sure. anyone else with this issue? is the striker plate adjustable? i hate going to the dealer over the small rattles and noises as they're never able to replicate and fix it.
I have a 2017 A7 and was able to locate a rattle in the left rear hatch. It was a screw that was loose securing the Bose amp. Was driving me crazy and was very happy to find the source. Hope this helps someone.

Located behind a latched carpet covered compartment in the left rear of the trunk.
​​​