A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Luggage cover/shade

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A7 Luggage cover/shade

Bought a CPO 2014 A7 Prestige a couple months ago. There is what I will call a removable shelf behind the rear seat but I just realized that there can be a second piece that would attach to and go up with the rear hatch. The two together hide the luggage compartment. The car didn't come with that second piece. Do they all come with it originally? Any idea of part # ? Haven't had a lot of luck just googling.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeCT
Bought a CPO 2014 A7 Prestige a couple months ago. There is what I will call a removable shelf behind the rear seat but I just realized that there can be a second piece that would attach to and go up with the rear hatch. The two together hide the luggage compartment. The car didn't come with that second piece. Do they all come with it originally? Any idea of part # ? Haven't had a lot of luck just googling.
I believe the part you're looking for is called the "Tonneau Cover." It is standard in all A7's. Given the car was CPO'd, I would ask the dealer to provide you with the part. Here are the details: https://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/2...onneau%20cover

Enjoy the ride
Old 06-27-2017, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by BasicSlvr
I believe the part you're looking for is called the "Tonneau Cover." It is standard in all A7's. Given the car was CPO'd, I would ask the dealer to provide you with the part. Here are the details: https://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/2...onneau%20cover

Enjoy the ride
Thanks for the reply and research. Checked back in with dealer. Had two recently arrived CPO A7's and neither had the tonneau cover, just the shelf like piece right behind rear seat. Sales person says they've never seen one. The part is several hundred dollars even at cost so I guess I'll pass. Seems odd that this is not a standard piece (assuming it isn't) but so be it
Old 06-27-2017, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the reply and research. Checked back in with dealer. Had two recently arrived CPO A7's and neither had the tonneau cover, just the shelf like piece right behind rear seat. Sales person says they've never seen one. The part is several hundred dollars even at cost so I guess I'll pass. Seems odd that this is not a standard piece (assuming it isn't) but so be it
The part is absolutely standard. I've owned two new "7's" over the last 5years. This is not an option. The piece also serves to protect the liftgate glass from bouncing or oversize cargo that could damage it. Of course the salesperson will tell you they never saw it. They don't want to pay for it. Go look at a new A7 on the showroom floor and point it out to them. Then ask them to show you the Audi order guide that lists it as an option. If they cant prove it, make them buy it.

Enjoy the ride
Old 06-27-2017, 03:44 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The part is absolutely standard. I've owned two new "7's" over the last 5years. This is not an option. The piece also serves to protect the liftgate glass from bouncing or oversize cargo that could damage it. Of course the salesperson will tell you they never saw it. They don't want to pay for it. Go look at a new A7 on the showroom floor and point it out to them. Then ask them to show you the Audi order guide that lists it as an option. If they cant prove it, make them buy it.

Enjoy the ride
Agreed. No way it's an option, absolutely standard. Go look at ANY used car ads online and every A7 you see will have it. I've never seen one with it missing.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Definitely NOT an option! Every "7" I have seen, including my S7, has that installed from the factory.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

That is 100% BS. No A7 leaves the factory without it!
Old 06-28-2017, 10:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bought a 2013 A7 recently, mine came with it. The two I test drove before I purchased mine both had it as well.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Enjoy the ride
Yes it's standard, and both left and right tiny little round clips that are attached to the hatch broke on mine as i was closing the trunk on a box that was a bit too large..
Trying to figure out how to replace them...they are small ball-shaped things that snap into the cover.. Local dealer told me you can't just buy those snaps separately, so i passed on re-installing it.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:49 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008A6
Yes it's standard, and both left and right tiny little round clips that are attached to the hatch broke on mine as i was closing the trunk on a box that was a bit too large..
Trying to figure out how to replace them...they are small ball-shaped things that snap into the cover.. Local dealer told me you can't just buy those snaps separately, so i passed on re-installing it.
I had the same problem with one of mine. Here's the parts (4G8898283BDL2) you need (I think) to repair it, at about $35. I have a post/thread about it and one of the recommendations was to just put a screw in the place of the pin. I've done that and it works quite well, so I never ordered the replacement parts.

Quick Reply: A7 Luggage cover/shade