A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Adding S7 rear valence and quad tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Adding S7 rear valence and quad tips

Since getting the Stasis tune and Injen intake, I decided to go all the way and install the beautiful S7 rear valence so I can complete the quad exhaust look like I did on my A5. This may come in handy if you want to add the full quad S7 exhaust from AWE to your A7. Some may recall my December post: Poor man's way to an Audi A7 quad exhaust.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2819163

The A7 mufflers already have the extra opening (sealed stubs) for the quad tips. Go ahead, get under your A6/A7 rear end and take a look for yourself.

I removed the A7 valence with a thin screwdriver (3 screws and many snap tabs) and the S7 one just snaps into the same slots. I have the additional two Audi tips on order and will have them welded on next week to replace the downward facing, formerly hidden extra spouts.

Cost so far is a bit over $500. Part #'s for the S7 valence and strip are:
4G8-807-521-B-1RR
4G8-807-791--3Q7
Tips are another $200 and I expect additional labor to be $250 for welding. If anyone wants to buy the old A7 valence, let me know.

It took about twenty minutes and I broke a few tabs before figuring out the system. Once I had the new valence, I could see exactly where the click tabs were so I just decided to go for it. The tabs are about 3 3/4" apart(see photo below with the white circles). The first one on the end is tricky but you can see how it works and it soon releases when you press correctly. The rest are best done with a thin, flat head screwdriver or a narrow but strong putty knife. A radio or moulding install tool is likely the best but I do not own one. Amazon sells this it for about $10. You just line up the tool at the right spot on the tab, slide in and lift up a bit when in. The valence releases a few inches at a time. I got pretty good at it in the end. The blue circles show one of the three screw tabs that attach under the gas tank.
Last photo is of the new valence installed but with the hidden exhaust suddenly exposed.

(It now feels like my zipper is open until I get the other tips put on.)
Attached Images   

Last edited by JerryS4; 04-20-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to do this to my A7...nice work man
Old 04-20-2013, 01:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default adding S7 rear valence

I wanted to install the S7 rear valence on my A7 but dind't knew until now if the S7 rear valence would fit the A7 rear bumper.When I read you everythings seems OK,but there is still a question for me not anwsered: In europe Audi offer two kind of bumpers,Standard ones and "Sline"ones at extra cost which look a little more "sporty".I would like to know if your bumpers are of the Sline kind (as mine), if you have a way to know it,before to order parts My A7 has been up graded with an Abt box (410hp)so it deserve this kind of rear end!
Any way thank you for your thread,pictures,very clear.I'm inpatient to read the end of the story
Old 04-20-2013, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by louisdewuilleret
I wanted to install the S7 rear valence on my A7 but dind't knew until now if the S7 rear valence would fit the A7 rear bumper.When I read you everythings seems OK,but there is still a question for me not anwsered: In europe Audi offer two kind of bumpers,Standard ones and "Sline"ones at extra cost which look a little more "sporty".I would like to know if your bumpers are of the Sline kind (as mine), if you have a way to know it,before to order parts My A7 has been up graded with an Abt box (410hp)so it deserve this kind of rear end!
Any way thank you for your thread,pictures,very clear.I'm inpatient to read the end of the story
My 2012 A7 is the standard and only USA version imported to the USA and the S7 valence numbers I gave above fit that bumper perfectly. Check out the USA rear photos on the web and compare to the S-Line in Europe. Audiusa.com

I agree that an ABT tune deserves a sexy quad exhaust and the S7 valence is a better look. I plan to post pictures when I am done.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JerryS4
My 2012 A7 is the standard and only USA version imported to the USA and the S7 valence numbers I gave above fit that bumper perfectly. Check out the USA rear photos on the web and compare to the S-Line in Europe. Audiusa.com

I agree that an ABT tune deserves a sexy quad exhaust and the S7 valence is a better look. I plan to post pictures when I am done.
As far as I can see U.S.specifications Audi A7 seems to have S line bumpers;that's good for me!Next step will be to cut the sealed stubs and weld
on it same tips as the ones already there.If you get their parts number I'll appreciate to known them.Any way I will start this job only once yours will be done and report
Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by louisdewuilleret
As far as I can see U.S.specifications Audi A7 seems to have S line bumpers;that's good for me!Next step will be to cut the sealed stubs and weld
on it same tips as the ones already there.If you get their parts number I'll appreciate to known them.Any way I will start this job only once yours will be done and report
Thanks
Part diagram located here: http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/20...=Chrome%20extn

Best of luck.
Attached Images  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Many thanks for the information and precious parts diagram.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The Audi parts dept. made a mistake and now says that the OEM tips are $218 each. Ouch! I told them to forget it and instead got four tips from AWE and will have them welded on tomorrow.

Last edited by JerryS4; 04-24-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

At NateDog's metal shop in Hatfield, PA. (215) 361-1134. He does good work.

A7 is on the rack and just circumcised. Both long and short path openings on the stock Audi mufflers opened to 2 1/4" and ready for the AWE smoked black tips to be bolted on to the new pipes Nate will weld to the openings.

On the other side, the new AWE tips are tacked into place.

Last, view from the bottom & ready for the final welding. Note that both straight pipes are flared at each end and the AWE tips have a nice adjustment feature with the bolt on hardware.
Attached Images    

Last edited by JerryS4; 04-24-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That looks great! I'm looking forward to doing this on mine as well. Would be great if you could post up a few pictures when it's complete.

Originally Posted by JerryS4
At NateDog's metal shop in Hatfield, PA. (215) 361-1134. He does good work.

A7 is on the rack and just circumcised. Both long and short path openings on the stock Audi mufflers opened to 2 1/4" and ready for the AWE smoked black tips to be bolted on to the new pipes Nate will weld to the openings.

New AWE tips are tacked into place.

Quick Reply: Adding S7 rear valence and quad tips