A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Age, Location and why A7

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi-X2
Ordered my S7 today at Audi of Silver Spring, MD.

Worked with Tom Schweiss -- he made everything easy.

Didn't bother with any other dealers -- I preferred to stay with the MD dealers, and I contacted all within about an hour or so of my home. Most weren't that great about getting back to me, but Tom made the extra effort and was very helpful.

Will meet my A7 in Ingolstadt in mid-August. Good thing I ordered today -- the car has become very popular and production is already being scheduled for July.

Here are the details:

Prestige
Havana Black with Nougat interior (black headliner and shelf liner)
Innovation Package
Full LED headlights
19" Sport Package
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Cold Weather Package
Ash Wood

The cool LED headlights have been removed from the Innovation Package for 2013 -- replaced by corner cameras. So, now the neat headlights must be ordered separately.

The test drive was terrific. The car is so silky smooth and yet incredibly powerful. It feels as quick as my S5 (I know the A7 is just a tad slower on the spec sheet, but on the road it feels every bit as quick). All the new high-tech gadgets will keep me entertained for years. One item may be a bit awkward -- the Audi Drive Select controls are no longer buttons on the dash. In the A7 Drive Select is controlled by the MMI. I'm not sure I'm going to like that. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Otherwise, the car is simply amazing. I thought I was going to miss my fantastic S5 when I go to the A7, but after that test drive I can't wait for the A7 to arrive and the S5 to go away.

Simply brilliant. What a stunning car.
Congrats! sounds like a good combo. Did you order A7 or S7? Did they had pricing and leasing information on the 2013's. Does Audi still take the VAT taxes up front for ED?

I am sure you will have a blast with ED and thanks for sharing the dealer and POC.

Best

AJ
Old 05-13-2012, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Leo41
Congrats! sounds like a good combo. Did you order A7 or S7? Did they had pricing and leasing information on the 2013's. Does Audi still take the VAT taxes up front for ED?

I am sure you will have a blast with ED and thanks for sharing the dealer and POC.

Best

AJ
I ordered the A7. I saw the S7 at the DC auto show and did not like it. The quilted leather seats are not to my taste and the blacked out grille ruined one of the nicer features of the car. Plus I live in MD, which has speed cameras everywhere except your driveway, and they'd put them there if they could. Almost pushes you into a Prius.

Pricing is not yet available -- so lease prices can't be determined yet.

Audi still takes 19% VAT up front -- though the dealer will simply hold the check until the car is delivered in the US.

I did the ED in 2009 when I got my S5. It was a blast!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Resurrecting this one from the dead

48 - What sold me on the A7? Well I wanted AWD for one, I wanted better fuel economy and I wanted it without sacrificing any power (coming from a Hemi powered Charger with the performance package). I also wanted something more refined and with more modern tech.

Also needed room for four and the bonus of the hatchback storage is great....especially for a pair a golf bags.

Got in all in spades with the A7.....not to mention it's one of the best looking cars ever made.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

65 Male AZ was looking at A6, A7, 5 Series BMW and E Class Mercedes. Initially wanted diesel and night vision assist. Mercedes dropped NVA on E class so they were ruled out.

I was also impressed with the cargo space with the rear seat down, favoring the A7 over the A6. This is our retirment car so really did want a lot of room for long trips.
I like the technology blind spot warning and given all the idiots that cross dark streets at night wearing dark clothes the NVA will help keep me from improving the gene pool.

Jumped on my used A7 because it had everything I wanted except active lane assist and the diesel engine, but for 51K vs 80 for a brand new one spec'd the way I wanted it seemed like a good deal. The 30 K will buy a whole lot of gasoline and if I decide I cannot live without Active Lane Assist and a diesel engine I can always trade.

Having driven the car 1800+ miles in 3 days home from MN where I purchased it, love the seats and ride.

Last edited by diddlyv; 05-10-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I am a 31 yo Male in Bloomfield Hills, Mi. I bought the A7 because I wanted a sports sedan with the hatch/practicality and sharp styling. I also wanted a comfortable ride and good handling. The A7 meets all that criteria. I like to be unique also and the A7 gives me that.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

34, m, Fraser, Michigan. '12 A7 PrePlus

For me the A7 ticked all the boxes. I almost didn't get it; at the time i made the purchase the Model S also had everything I wanted EXCEPT 4 wheel drive. So, the A7 won. Now with "auto-drive" and other things being adopted when I go for my next car I would have to decide, once again, between the two.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wheelin33
26... Metro Detroit Area..

Audi A7 Prestige, Nougat Interior, Black headliner, 22" Black Savini BM-3 wheels - staggered

Wanted something sporty and different

Have owned many foreign and domestic cars but never an Audi, have to say I am very impressed inside and out. I think this car is great for any age and can accommodate anyones style preferences. Definitely gets a lot of looks.

Motor City! Woot!
Old 05-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

27, male, Denton, TX Havanna Black on Nougat 2012 Prestige with 20" sport wheels.

My soon to be fiance has always loved the car. I have always been into BMW's, but the Audi's catch my eye. I almost bought a 550i X-drive, but the A7 is one of the best looking cars on the road and is very well rounded. Handles great, is very comfortable, has cool bells and whistles, and the hatch makes it easy to get strollers ect in and out.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mitchellb2005
27, male, Denton, TX Havanna Black on Nougat 2012 Prestige with 20" sport wheels.

My soon to be fiance has always loved the car. I have always been into BMW's, but the Audi's catch my eye. I almost bought a 550i X-drive, but the A7 is one of the best looking cars on the road and is very well rounded. Handles great, is very comfortable, has cool bells and whistles, and the hatch makes it easy to get strollers ect in and out.
I also took a look at the 550i X-drive but the style and all of the details on the Audi won me over. Over 4,000 miles in four weeks now and it's been fantastic.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Astropin
I also took a look at the 550i X-drive but the style and all of the details on the Audi won me over. Over 4,000 miles in four weeks now and it's been fantastic.
Now that I have the car, I would never consider the 550

Quick Reply: Age, Location and why A7