A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Any thoughts on an APR Tune for the 2013 A7?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any thoughts on an APR Tune for the 2013 A7?

Members:

I did a search on this and didn't come up with much. Today I am having my wife's 2013 Allroad APR tuned at the Audi dealer and they are encouraging me to do the same with my 2013 A7. The Stage I tune sounds about right, I but don't have any comparative info on this vs Stasis, or if I should bite off on the stage II APR Supercharger belt and pulley upgrade. Any information, either first hand experience or second hand word of mouth would be appreciated.

All the best,

Rob
Old 07-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go for stage 2
Old 07-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by feralc
Go for stage 2
Thanks, that is what I figured would be best. Funny thing happened yesterday with the Wifes 2013 Allroad. The Service Director called me late yesterday and told me he couldnt get past the encryption on the CPU to install the tune. Even though APR advertizes a Stage I tune available for that engine (2.0T found in a few models), it appears that when Audi builds batches of these engines they use CPU's sourced from different companies (Bosch, Siemans, etc...). He called APR and sent over the image of that cars CPU, and was instructed that they had not got past that style of encryption yet and to go back to factory settings. Weird...
Old 07-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NaplesQ7
Thanks, that is what I figured would be best. Funny thing happened yesterday with the Wifes 2013 Allroad. The Service Director called me late yesterday and told me he couldnt get past the encryption on the CPU to install the tune. Even though APR advertizes a Stage I tune available for that engine (2.0T found in a few models), it appears that when Audi builds batches of these engines they use CPU's sourced from different companies (Bosch, Siemans, etc...). He called APR and sent over the image of that cars CPU, and was instructed that they had not got past that style of encryption yet and to go back to factory settings. Weird...
That is not weird at all, try GIAC, they are about to release its pulley upgrade soon.
Once they have it I will perform it in my car as the last mod, along with my tune, exhaust, intake and springs I think is enough .

Last edited by feralc; 07-06-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by feralc
That is not weird at all, try GIAC, they are about to release its pulley upgrade soon.
Once they have it I will perform it in my car as the las mod, along with my tune, exhaust, intake and springs I think is enough .
Thanks, will look into this.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NaplesQ7
Same thing happened to me ..drove over 4 hours round trip to have stage 2 done on my 2012 A7 while i wait and APR couldn't flash it as advertised.
ECU had to be shipped to them so I waisted a whole day.....

Oh and the pulleys are back ordered too....

So I shipped ecu to them and now it's back waiting for a pulley and waiting for them to email the tune .......frustrating !!!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default MTM tuning

Originally Posted by sjerseys4
Same thing happened to me ..drove over 4 hours round trip to have stage 2 done on my 2012 A7 while i wait and APR couldn't flash it as advertised.
ECU had to be shipped to them so I waisted a whole day.....

Oh and the pulleys are back ordered too....

So I shipped ecu to them and now it's back waiting for a pulley and waiting for them to email the tune .......frustrating !!!
Now that I have my 2014 Prestige less than 24 hours, I have some tuning options that I will be ready for sometime next spring or summer. I've read multiple posts here, but wondering if anyone has ever heard of a company from Germany - MTM? Here is the link

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/A7-...ro?FZID=a7228q

I live about 30 min away from AWE and will be going to see them after I drive back to PA this weekend. My dealership installs Stasis as well as being the only audi dealership in the country that represents MTM and the contact person is actually my salesman. I am aware that AWE and Stasis tunes will tag my system and jakob states that even though they install Stasis, eventually it will be tagged. However, he states emphatically that MTM will not tag my car. I am a total newbie to engine tuning but have driven an MTM 7 just prior to ordering mine. Total price with bodyshop
Old 07-17-2013, 02:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Total price with painted calipers, roof and body color painting of chrome accents except grill, MTM tune, exhaust with new valance (works with s line only) was $4500 which is on par with other non-paint jobs. So just wondering what others think, especially from the long time tuning experts here.

Thx