A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Anyone wish the got the A6?

Old 10-11-2012, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone wish the got the A6?

Anyone wish they "shoulda, woulda, coulda,", got the A6 and not the A7?

Anyone wish they saved a few bucks, had a bigger back seat, or had more traditional styling?

(I posted the same question in reverse on the A6 forum. Call me an indecisive car shopper).
Old 10-11-2012, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, A6 wasn't even on my short list.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my A7 more everytime I walk towards it...I would be disappointed had I not ponied up the extra 8k for the A7. I don't see very many and I like it that way!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

No regrets. If you don't mind the higher price and only 4 seats I would go with the A7.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

What's an A6?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We looked at the A6 and S6, and although the A6 is a great car, it simply doesn't have the head-turning style of the A7. For me, the A7 was more challenged by the likes of the Panamera. Absolutely no regrets.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everybody at the A6 forum says they do not regret, that the A7 is ugly and the difference in price is not worth it, blah blah blah I am sure lots of them wish they could get the A7 but they just do not accept it. I left my car for service and I got an a6 for a loaner for like a week, in my opinion the a7 is way more beautiful and head turning.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by feralc
Everybody at the A6 forum says they do not regret, that the A7 is ugly and the difference in price is not worth it, blah blah blah I am sure lots of them wish they could get the A7 but they just do not accept it. I left my car for service and I got an a6 for a loaner for like a week, in my opinion the a7 is way more beautiful and head turning.
If I had purchased the A6 instead, somehow I would have justified the purchase over the A7 as well. Bottom line is I LOVE the utility coming from an SUV and a BMW Wagon. I also love the looks. UGLY???? Is Halle Berry Ugly? Probably a few people think so...perhaps A6 owners
Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Everybody at the A6 forum says they do not regret, that the A7 is ugly and the difference in price is not worth it, blah blah blah I am sure lots of them wish they could get the A7 but they just do not accept it.
Not everyone in the A6 forum is saying that - only one poster as I recall. Bottom line is that each will say they made the right choice. There is no point to the two threads other than to perhaps try and start a forum "war" which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Both cars are great and appeal for different reasons.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Just bite the bullet!

Originally Posted by hockeyfox
If I had purchased the A6 instead, somehow I would have justified the purchase over the A7 as well. Bottom line is I LOVE the utility coming from an SUV and a BMW Wagon. I also love the looks. UGLY???? Is Halle Berry Ugly? Probably a few people think so...perhaps A6 owners
Originally Posted by looking@audi
Until I read this thread I did't even know the A7 had a spoiler.
Yeeesh - what else don't I know about this car...
Do you also not know that we get a powered tail gate, which isn't even an available option on the A6? Having come from a Q5, I couldn't do without this little luxury on either one of these cars. As well as a cool flip up sunshade on the rear cargo deck, due to the huge, sexy slopping rear glass.

If you're still unsure, please go check out any worldwide auto magazines, online articles/reviews on new cars, even national and local newspapers or publications that happen to review the A7. Almost 100% of them are saying that this is indeed the most gorgeous looking luxury car out there right now!..you won't go wrong with an A6, but you'll be happier in an A7!

Need we say more? Sorry fellows, I'm just so thrilled with mine, I cannot help posting my responses to "mr. still looking".
I'd bet if he doesn't pull the trigger quick enough on this offer, there isn't gonna be any 2012 left for him, after all these A6/A7 analysis/comparos

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone wish the got the A6?