A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Audi A7 2011-2012 Multiple System Failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A7 2011-2012 Multiple System Failure

(EPC,TPMS,Parking Brake, Rear Spoiler, Headlight Range,ABS, Brake Failure) i was driving normally these all failures came out of nowhere. i then switched the car off and tried to switch it on again and it didnt switch on, it struggled and then I tried again after a few seconds and it came back on with almost half of the warning lights, honestly there were so many, its hard to every remember.
I went home, luckily I was nearby. I turned the car off and after a few minutes I turned it on again and voila there were no warning lights. So I went home and yes I was worried about what had just happened and went to the car again after 30mins and switched it on and there came all the lights again. And then I turned it off again and tried to turn it on and it didnt and then tried again and it turned on with no warning lights and I decided to drive it for some 10-20kms and the lights never came on.
Can anyone please suggest what I should do?

Old 04-01-2019, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Most likely all related to low voltage.
It could be the battery is on its way out or anther fault - maybe a faulty main relay that provides power to all these items.

A scan for fault codes is the first course of action.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I went to the repair shop and they said the central gateway needs to be changed. The battery seems to be doing fine. These are the errors the repair shop sent me
Old 04-04-2019, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Old 04-04-2019, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Was there anything that happened to cause this that you know of?
Old 04-04-2019, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Warnings came out of nowhere.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check Age of Battery

I had this same thing occur and it happened after the car was sitting for a few days and after started, the issue went away, but that is only because the battery quickly got recharged. When I put the voltage meeting on the battery cold is was 12.0V and should be anywhere from 12.3 to 12.6V. In my case the the battery was the original and was 7 years old, what is the age of your battery. I didn't deal with it long as a new H8 AGM Battery is only $190, and I can't complain about getting 7 years out of it and never had the issue again. I check the battery again if I were you. Good Luck.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Another way to tell is, if you start noticing all kind of crazy glitches. Like on cold start one side mirror rolls out and the other one doesn't, the back right windows randomly won't go all the way up. All these are caused by battery being on its last leg. After replacing the battery, never had that issue, but I did encounter an ongoing fog light error before my battery completely died. I'm still wrapping my head around that one to fix it.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A7 multiple faults

Hi new to this site I have Audi A7 2011 had all of these faults it turned it to be coolant control valve leaking through electrical connection and traveling down along wires into gearbox plug where it gathers and causes mayhem simple fix if you do it straight away don’t ignore as can short out your ecu hope this helps

QUOTE=boghy;25323131]Another way to tell is, if you start noticing all kind of crazy glitches. Like on cold start one side mirror rolls out and the other one doesn't, the back right windows randomly won't go all the way up. All these are caused by battery being on its last leg. After replacing the battery, never had that issue, but I did encounter an ongoing fog light error before my battery completely died. I'm still wrapping my head around that one to fix it.[/QUOTE]
The following users liked this post:
2014 Audi a7 (02-24-2020)
Old 10-11-2019, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Noelm
Hi new to this site I have Audi A7 2011 had all of these faults it turned it to be coolant control valve leaking through electrical connection and traveling down along wires into gearbox plug where it gathers and causes mayhem simple fix if you do it straight away don’t ignore as can short out your ecu hope this helps

QUOTE=boghy;25323131]Another way to tell is, if you start noticing all kind of crazy glitches. Like on cold start one side mirror rolls out and the other one doesn't, the back right windows randomly won't go all the way up. All these are caused by battery being on its last leg. After replacing the battery, never had that issue, but I did encounter an ongoing fog light error before my battery completely died. I'm still wrapping my head around that one to fix it.
[/QUOTE]

New to this site as well. i had all these faults happen randomly as well in a 2012 a7 80k miles. Coolant control valve failed as stated above. Car has been down 2 months now, its a mess i have no communication with Transmission control module and PCM also have CAN BUS issue which i think is the main issue the short damaged the can bus somewhere.

I have already replaced the TCM still no communication...

now i have a new PCM being shipped to try that, good luck i would stay away from any audi A7 pre 2014.

Quick Reply: Audi A7 2011-2012 Multiple System Failure