A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Audi A7 3.0 TDI reliabilty

Old 11-18-2018, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A7 3.0 TDI reliabilty

Hello everyone,

I am looking at buying my first Audi ever!
A Certified Pre-Owned 2014 Audi A7 3.0 TDI Prestige w/blk optics & Sports Pkg... it has about 45k+ miles on it
(my freaking dream car minus the lacking fog lights and adaptive cruise control)

My new job requires a ton of driving throughout the entire state of Florida and I wanted to do it in style.

1. Mainly my question is will this car last/hold up a 200k+ miles beating on the road/highway?

2. What are your/s experience with this Engine?

3. What is a great website I can find cool parts/accessories ? (ex: red brake calipers, Audi sports steering wheel, maybe different shift ****, etc.)

4. Lastly I am new to this whole diesel gate scandal and would like some info on that too if anyone is familiar?

I appreciate all of your/s prompt attention and await your response.
Sincerely,

DRODZ7
Old 11-18-2018, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

So far 60k miles and completely trouble free. The most reliable Audi we've ever had. (3 - A8s, 3- A6s and one A4). Keep in mind that these cars now have a 10 year, 120k mile warranty on anything related to fuel or engine (fuel pump, injectors, sensors, fuel management electronics etc.) Owners of these A7 TDI Prestige models received ~$12k from Audi and Bosch due to the Diesel scandal.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by perlfather
So far 60k miles and completely trouble free. The most reliable Audi we've ever had. (3 - A8s, 3- A6s and one A4). Keep in mind that these cars now have a 10 year, 120k mile warranty on anything related to fuel or engine (fuel pump, injectors, sensors, fuel management electronics etc.) Owners of these A7 TDI Prestige models received ~$12k from Audi and Bosch due to the Diesel scandal.
Thank you for the information, did you buy it new or pre-owned? That sounds amazing will I qualify for that $12k if I buy it ?
Old 11-19-2018, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by DRODZ7
Hello everyone,

A Certified Pre-Owned 2014 Audi A7 3.0 TDI Prestige w/blk optics & Sports Pkg... it has about 45k+ miles on it
(my freaking dream car minus the lacking fog lights and adaptive cruise control)

My new job requires a ton of driving throughout the entire state of Florida and I wanted to do it in style.

1. Mainly my question is will this car last/hold up a 200k+ miles beating on the road/highway?

3. What is a great website I can find cool parts/accessories ? (ex: red brake calipers, Audi sports steering wheel, maybe different shift ****, etc.)

4. Lastly I am new to this whole diesel gate scandal and would like some info on that too if anyone is familiar?

Sincerely,

DRODZ7
1 - Diesel engines tend to be very stout and can last for ages, given proper maintenance. So 200K is certainly doable.

2 - I've got the 3.0TDI in my A8 and it's great. Should you want more power, you can add the Malone tune and get almost an addl 100 bhp, but you'll most likely void the TDI warranty on your vehicle.

3 - cool parts are subjective...what's "cool" to one person is garish to another. A lot of good stuff can be found on the classified section in this very forum. Also, ebay and then if you want high-quality OEM parts go to the site sponsors and there's plenty of availability of great parts.

4 - you can read about it here: https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/3-0-models/
Old 11-19-2018, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I do not think you qualify for that $12k as it was for people that purchased and/or owned the car and then had the emission fix done. I do not think the emission fix altered the car to any measurable extent.
We purchased the car new and I hope/expect to keep it for another couple of years. As I wrote - a great car. The next time you drive a 2014 A7TDI put the transmission in sports mode. You will be pleasantly surprised and happy!
Old 11-20-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by DRODZ7
Hello everyone,

Sincerely,

DRODZ7
My 2015 A7 TDI has almost 100,000 km on it, no problem whatsoever. Great car and the emission upgrade only changed the sound of the engine.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is Diesel-gate info . . . https://www.audiusa.com/about/diesel-information . . . type in your VIN to see if your TDI has been fixed. If not, you qualify for the rebate.

I love my TDI