A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Audi A7 3.0L TDI Buyers Info?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A7 3.0L TDI Buyers Info?

I'm looking at buying a Audi A7 3.0L TDI Premium Plus with approx. 71,500 miles on it. I usually go to a forum and find a nice thread on a year range of vehicles that are a "Buyers Guide", a batch of all the little things to look into when purchasing the specific vehicle. I can't seem to find one here or any of the other two major Audi forums so I'm asking the community, what issues and big ticket items should I be looking for on this vehicle?

I know about the whole US VW/Audi Diesel emissions, and the vehicle has a VIN check and complete service records through the local Audi dealer. One recall on it, but I haven't looked into what it is.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Only had one problem so far

Originally Posted by bkdezalia
I'm looking at buying a Audi A7 3.0L TDI Premium Plus with approx. 71,500 miles on it. I usually go to a forum and find a nice thread on a year range of vehicles that are a "Buyers Guide", a batch of all the little things to look into when purchasing the specific vehicle. I can't seem to find one here or any of the other two major Audi forums so I'm asking the community, what issues and big ticket items should I be looking for on this vehicle?

I know about the whole US VW/Audi Diesel emissions, and the vehicle has a VIN check and complete service records through the local Audi dealer. One recall on it, but I haven't looked into what it is.
I have a 2014 A6 TDI, which I acquired new and currently with about 91k miles. The only problem I have had was with the AdBlue sensor not allowing a reset when filled. It happened once and was replaced under warranty. Mine has been very reliable (oops - probably just jinxed myself).
Old 07-31-2018, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by bkdezalia

I have a 2015 A7 TDI with 89,000 km on it. Bought it new. I had a few minor issues that were fixed under warranty, like frayed rubber gasket under the rotating side mirror, rattle in the inside door handle, LED door sill light strip partially out and the like. No issues whatsoever with powertrain or other major parts. Extremely reliable, good power, comfortable with outstanding fuel mileage.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm also in the market for a TDI, so appreciate this info! Keep it coming boys!
Old 08-02-2018, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its worth the wait. Keep looking, they're out there.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I found a 2014 TDI with 70k. Picking it up Saturday!!
Old 08-04-2018, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Its Saturday night . . . need some pics!
Old 08-05-2018, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Driving it back to Atlanta today. Beautiful car and in really good condition. Paint is fantastic. 2014 Prestige TDI in phantom black. So far quite pleased overall. The “hesitation” when you step on the throttle though is a bit longer than I thought it would be.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

There should not be any hesitation from a standstill. It should be instant torque to the wheels.

Last edited by orangeokie; 08-13-2018 at 03:07 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by orangeokie
Their should not be any hesitation from a standstill. It should be instant torque to the wheels.
Mine does this as well. But shouldnt there be a slight hesitation with the turbo winding up?

Quick Reply: Audi A7 3.0L TDI Buyers Info?