A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

RO: Audi A7 BiTDi - Strange noise in D/R

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RO: Audi A7 BiTDi - Strange noise in D/R

Hello guys,

I own a 2014 Audi A7 BiTDi and it does a strange noise after driving a little aggressive. The noise showed in the video below is happening only in D/R, if I put it in P/N it disappears instantly. Also, I hear it only at low speeds when I am about to stop, for example when I come to a stop sign right before the car stops completely or when I am standing still with the foot on the break being in D/R. It doesn't do it when the engine is cold, only after it's a little warmed up and after aggressive driving.

I have addressed this problem to my local Audi dealer and they told me it is a normal noise that comes from the turbos and it happens when the turbos go into a 'cooling process'. I don't know what to think about that explanation since it is a little strange that it happens only in D/R.

I've put 10.000 more km into the car from that and nothing happened, but I'm still concerned about it. What do you guys think?

Old 12-29-2018, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Really sorry guys looks like my friend already made a post here!! This thread can be removed!
Old 08-29-2021, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bdyds
Hello guys,

I own a 2014 Audi A7 BiTDi and it does a strange noise after driving a little aggressive. The noise showed in the video below is happening only in D/R, if I put it in P/N it disappears instantly. Also, I hear it only at low speeds when I am about to stop, for example when I come to a stop sign right before the car stops completely or when I am standing still with the foot on the break being in D/R. It doesn't do it when the engine is cold, only after it's a little warmed up and after aggressive driving.

I have addressed this problem to my local Audi dealer and they told me it is a normal noise that comes from the turbos and it happens when the turbos go into a 'cooling process'. I don't know what to think about that explanation since it is a little strange that it happens only in D/R.

I've put 10.000 more km into the car from that and nothing happened, but I'm still concerned about it. What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y0CDILOWvU
Hello, I have the same sound that you describe, have you managed to solve it or know why it sounds like that ??? I'm very interested, thank you
Old 08-29-2021, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bdyds
Really sorry guys looks like my friend already made a post here!! This thread can be removed!
puede decirme el enlace de tu post? Obtuviste solución? Gracias Can you tell me the link of your post? Did you get a solution? Thanks