A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Audi A7 Front Light bulbs Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 07:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A7 Front Light bulbs Replacement

My 2015 Audi A7 TDI has three headlight lens on each side: one outer round one and two inner square ones. The two square ones on the passenger side won’t light with either dipped or main lights (the driver’s side is fine, as is the round light on the passenger side).

There are at least two videos on how to replace bulbs for the outer round lens (bulb is D3S) by removing the wheel and the front plastic wheel well, but I am unable to find anything on replacing the bulbs for the inner square lens.

Any tips on how to do so would be much appreciated.

diduljc
Old 07-13-2018, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by diduljc
My 2015 Audi A7 TDI has three headlight lens on each side: one outer round one and two inner square ones. The two square ones on the passenger side won’t light with either dipped or main lights (the driver’s side is fine, as is the round light on the passenger side).

There are at least two videos on how to replace bulbs for the outer round lens (bulb is D3S) by removing the wheel and the front plastic wheel well, but I am unable to find anything on replacing the bulbs for the inner square lens.

Any tips on how to do so would be much appreciated.

diduljc
Actually, all the lens are almost circular except for "flat spots" on top and bottom of the lens. I realize I can access the outer headlight bulb (D3S) by removing the front wheel and plastic wheel well, but I don't know if this will give me access to the two inner lens/bulbs, nor do I know which bulb replacement is needed.
Any tips, especially a how-to video, would be much appreciated.

diduljc
Old 07-19-2018, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually, all the lens are almost circular except for "flat spots" on top and bottom of the lens. I realize I can access the outer headlight bulb (D3S) by removing the front wheel and plastic wheel well, but I don't know if this will give me access to the two inner lens/bulbs, nor do I know which bulb replacement is needed.
Any tips, especially a how-to video, would be much appreciated.

diduljc
So I have had at least 216 "looks" but no input or hints. I will give it another day or two, remove the front wheel and wheel well, and attempt to access and remove the two inner headlight bulbs. If successful, I will attempt to identify the bulbs, order replacements, and replace the two defective ones. Then I will provide the answer to my own thread question in the hope other A7 owners might find it useful.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I have had at least 216 "looks" but no input or hints. I will give it another day or two, remove the front wheel and wheel well, and attempt to access and remove the two inner headlight bulbs. If successful, I will attempt to identify the bulbs, order replacements, and replace the two defective ones. Then I will provide the answer to my own thread question in the hope other A7 owners might find it useful.
Good luck, I was one of those views with no hints/input; I don't have any so I kept quiet but was curious on this for the future.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You.may need to remove the entire headlight like you do for the cornering lights.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tuscani66
Good luck, I was one of those views with no hints/input; I don't have any so I kept quiet but was curious on this for the future.

So I first attempted to remove the bulb via the right front wheel well. I could only remove the wire disconnect; nothing else.

So I took it to my local trusted garage which has a mechanic specializing in Audis. After doing some work and research the owner informed me that the whole headlight had to be replaced. They called Audi spare parts and were told it cost just under $2,000.

I called Audi and told the service rep that I have an Audi Platinum warranty plan. He said he would have to inspect the car to determine if the warranty covered the headlight replacement cost. I will drop it off on Tuesday, August 7th.

Has anyone had a similar headlight problem (2015 Audi A7 TDI)?

Thanks,
JD
Old 08-29-2018, 07:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tuscani66
My headlight replacement has turned into a real nightmare. I accessed the rear of the headlight via the right front wheel well, but could only disconnect the plug. There was nothing I could remove.

I finally took it to the local garage which has an mechanic who is supposed to be familiar with Audis. Apparently I need to replace "modules."

The outer light works fine, both dipped and full headlights, but the two inner ones don't work. The "mechanic" is having difficulties finding out which modules are needed. (Perhaps Audi proprietary information)? The headlight is for a 2015 Audi A7 TDI Prestige. Any help in identifying and procuring the correct modules for the inner two lights would be much appreciated.